1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows OMG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DragunovHUN, 3 Sep 2010.

1. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

"The game is set for a 2011 release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Gearbox Software is working on the game with other studios and, we believe, creators who used to be on the project at 3D Realms."

2. Helz

Helz What's a Dremel?

Wow, so successful a venture that it spanned nearly two years before ending in a fiery disaster. Also you recommend a book by a guy named Harry Dick. Either this was an extremely clever bit of internet trolling, or the most unintentionally hilarious post I've read in a long time.

3. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

Looks like an actual book to me.

4. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

I think "largely successful" is overstating it. What gets me is that 2 thirds of the people on board survived.

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

6. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

[offtopic]
    Actual book and no, not a troll post. Name aside, the Graf Zeppelin and the Hindenburg were fantastically successful during a time when most people were flying biplanes into church steeples. The reason that the Hindenburg crashed was largely due to politics in Germany at the time. Eckener and many of the people who operated the airships were vocally against the Nazi party and was effectively sidelined in favour of people more sympathetic to the party.

Hence, Eckener wasn't on the 6th of May flight, leaving Pruss and Lehmann to captain the ship. Eckener knew that the ships had a shallow turn rate (IIR somewhere between 7 and 11 degrees, but I can't be sure) and had on several occasions had arguments with the other captains due to them taking tighter turns than recommended. In airship terms, Pruss and Lehmann, already running late and not wanting to look like tools in front of the worlds' press, tried to make up time on the last docking attempt by taking LZ129 into a four wheel drift over Lakehurst.
    [/offtopic]

7. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

to be honest it was in relation to the analogy of a balloon being let down. Hence, the "disaster" after the Hindenburg. The hindenburg may have had a great service record. However, it wasn't in relation to that as it was meant. Anyway, back to topic?

I don't know wether or not to be arsed with the new Duke Nukem. It's been fantasised over for god knows how long. Doom 3 was supposed to be epic. But just turned out to be just above average for a FPS. I think expectactions wont be met with this game and for most it will be a let down.

8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I think that given the history of the game, Bit should consider doing a video supplemental when they review the game. Some in game footage with the guys voicing their personal opinions would be useful when combined with the usual static images et al.

9. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Best post in this topic by far. Couldn't agree more.

10. logonui

logonui Minimodder

That would be epic!!!

11. Rustynutts

Rustynutts What's a Dremel?

I think i'll stick with this for now..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nVuf6OM2g.
    Is it possible for bit-tech to do a retro review on this? It's a very good mod for the game. I think it help the game shine through with some new tech..

12. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

checking calendar, it's september not april :D

13. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

If this ends up being just another port job I'm not going to play it. I, unfortunately, got into PC gaming sometime after the release of the first set of games. If this is a suck up then this series might be lost to me forever :(

I'm so tired of crappy ports ....

14. Psy-UK

Psy-UK What's a Dremel?

Eh. The only reason they used 360 pads at PAX is because it's far easier to have people standing and using that than a keyboard and mouse.

15. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

your bored right? and just making up stories now.

16. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I'm really sad this is getting released.

Yes, you heard me.

For over a decade now, we've had smiles at titles that came and gone, but a title that never makes it to release is always a disappointment. Up till now, we've been able to console ourselves with the fact that "At least it's not Duke Nukem Forever!"

How much longer would the wait have felt like for HL2:Ep3 if not for DNF standing over it, shouting "HA! Screw you and your multiple-year development cycle! I've been around since the early days of the N64, and I'm still not coming out!"?

We get another shooter with breasts, we lose one of the greatest in-jokes gamers have ever had. Please, Gearbox, don't release Duke?

17. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

While I've been waiting for this game since 1997... and have been disappointed and annoyed on many occasion. All I can say on this matter is...

"Awesome"

18. Synikal Ali

Synikal Ali What's a Dremel?

with 14 years in the making it had better be worth it really.

The fact that gearbox are running with it does give me some hope though...

19. the-beast

the-beast What's a Dremel?

Hopefully it wont come with some god awful on-line only drm scheme like steam, battle.net and what ever 2k and ubisoft have been using recently!

20. Dudey109

Dudey109 Minimodder

I will be getting this! :thumb:

Well I doubt it will be 2011 but maybe 2020

:D