1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Neptune's Pride - 12-player BT/CPC - Game #2! **It's off** Congrats Zinfandel!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xtrafresh, 18 Aug 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Just a matter of time now. I've been requested to halt the tide and let others claim the last few stars though. They better get a move on is all I can say :p

And very true. Can't please everyone.

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Yeah, you had a tough starting position, although i think you could have played it better. You had much more possibilities then any of us, because basically all 6 of us needed something from you. You've been a bit sketchy towards me from the start, especially about Mekbuda. Those poor people must be including today's invader with the weather forecast by now :D

Well played though, you made me strech my forces to the very limit, and had your ploy towards Zinfandel succeeded, i'd have surely collapsed. I feel your pain, I was fighting three fronts aswell. Who's next? Oh right, Lingy :)

3. russ1980

russ1980 What's a Dremel?

Well t'was my first time playing, and i learned a couple of things to do better and also some things i did wrong. Yeh, poor Mekbuda.. they were always a miserable bunch anyhow.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

*Pulls up a chair and popcorn to watch this one.

And I get a front row seat now :cooldude:

5. Xtrafresh

you brought your own popcorn? I'm providing the show, the least you can do is buy it from me, you cheap b4stard! :D

6. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Well I am out now, had to go away for work, forgot my laptop and well I got pillaged by the light green.

Well I enjoyed the game, will have to play again.

Kimbie

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

I held up fairly well overnight... surprised myself in some respects too as I thought I would've lost more than just one star (net). I'm guessing Lingy thought I'd be a relatively easy walk in the park but he's sending forces back to the north again.

I also notice that Gravity is heading north for a safe haven somewhere in the middle of Lingy's empire.

I'm not expecting to survive the continued onslaught, but ship numbers remain fairly high and I'm certainly giving my allies (we actually share technology and whatnot, unlike in my 'alliance' with Lingy and Gravity) a chance to continue building while I absorb Lingy's rage. :p

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

This tech sharing issue seems to be a sore point. I don't get it though, as mentioned I offered you two types of tech without you even asking for it.

9. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

I knew it!

You get some sort of sexual relief watching others perish.

Good thing I always desribed you as "The evil professor" to others then.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well, I'm just about to get taken in the pooper by Ph4sed. All my fleets are too far away to defend properly - I'm going out almost the same way Lister did, except, I saw it coming :p As good as the game is, it's sad that only after losing two stars I can see the inevitable because there's only so much you can do if you're on the back foot. I suppose the point is - never be on the back foot :p

He's got far too much industry and money for me to enter a long campaign as well, and unless you lot start working together his massive Science budget will put him ahead of everyone. At this point I would expect him to win the whole game - he's in the best position with his back against the wall, and after me he can pick away at just push north against the rest of you.

11. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I find it interesting that at this stage of the game, the players have been split in to two different groups. Half of the players have been virtually eliminated and will not play a significant part in the game from now on, and half have consumed the other half and are stronger. I think the early part of the game was dominated by alliances and those who fell out of favour with rival groups of players were destroyed. My belief that the second part of the game will dominated by aggression and industrial power. It is clear to all the remaining strong players that the only way to "win" the game is to destroy every other player, and thus the pre-tense of alliances become irrelevant.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well you were gifted by Kimble into your position partly, although your play for a majority in economics in the beginning is working out well, vs my balanced investment of industry and economics.

It's rare that someone who kept to themselves emerges the strongest from everything I've read about NP though. The others will have to stop their bickering to beat you - you'll eventually take my stars and double most others by that point unless Xtra or Drax cave because Bigz and Gravity don't have many resources left.

13. russ1980

russ1980 What's a Dremel?

Once we are done with this game, is anyone interested in staying within the group and setting up another ? I promise not to photoshop anything this time.

14. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

maybe if you stop taking your rage out on me:grr:

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm not sure, possibly. I've got a few games going on now after it became clear that this one wasn't going to leave me with a chance of winning.

16. alastor

alastor Minimodder

If there's another game starting soon I'll join in, I've avoided it thus far because of some uni work but I'm now completely free for the next 4 weeks :D

17. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I'm deffo up for another game :)

18. Xtrafresh

I'm up for it, and will host for free, as i still have more then enough credits left. :D

19. spurs142

spurs142 What's a Dremel?

better start me and xtra on opposite sides of the map or we'd each end up :wallbash: :D

20. Xtrafresh

hahahaha or an alliance that gets it's strength from the fact that nobody will believe it for a second :D