1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress HAF X Madness - Dual Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vasskjøling, 1 Sep 2010.

1. Vasskjøling

Vasskjøling There is only one way to cool! WC!

HAF X MADNESS!!!

Hi. This build is for marketing for a new shop page in Norway witch is starting up at the beginning of 2011! No way - Norway. True the last couple of years i have been waiting for a watercooling web shop to start here in Norway... and it kinda never happen. So thats why i am starting one. And this or these builds are the builds we are going to be using for the tutorials, guides, and marketing. Luckily some of my old sponsors wanted to help! So this is what i got delivered today! :jawdrop: (Sorry about the bad picture quality, we are currently setting up the studio in the room next door.) And since we have Two of every product we can do it twice! (I LOVE THIS)

The plan!
    The concept of the project is to mod one of the HAF X cases, the other one is going to be kept stock. Well we are going to sleeve all the cables and ad some new lights and stuff, but no major mods.

The other cases is getting some new shiny parts.. hehe. I cant talk to much about it, because i want to keep something secret. But. The other case is getting a WC mod. So that it can fit as much watercooling as possible. This is the "main" rig. to be continued....

[​IMG]

Ohh yeah.

This is what came in the first package. (There will be more, much more!)
    -Two HAF X computer chassis
    -Two SilentPRO M 1000W PSU's
    And a bunch of marketing stuff! (If you want to see it, just leave a comment!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry again about the quality! It will be fixsed tomorrow!
    So whats the plan with this? A more detailed plan is coming tomorrow!
    Fully watercooled monster machines.
    Danger Den is sponsoring all the watercooling, and we are extremely great full for that!
    EK Waterblocks is also helping and so is Aqua tuning.
    What else is coming? Well.. you will just have to wait and see!
    Before i go to sleep! There is one final thing! Good Night! See you tomorrow?

Hope that you all will accept the "quicky" i have just given you! :naughty:

Last edited: 3 Sep 2010
    bulldogjeff likes this.
  2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

This is the case I have and yet to start or have even opened up my box yet. So it would be interesting to see what you are going to do with this.

Any pointers I'll be real happy with

3. cian1500ww

cian1500ww Drunken Irish Dude

This'll be interesting, have a HAF932 myself so it'll be nice to see how these compare with it for building in ;)

4. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

Man, I am so watching this. I've wanted to do a project on the HAF X SOOOoo bad. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. :D

5. Vasskjøling

Ill post a full plan later today. I have some more stuff i have to do before i can start shooting the real pictures.

Ahh. I love all the HAF Cases. I think that the HAF X is somewhat more "advanced" than the 932. They have made it much easier to route the cables. And there is no need for Painting the inside anymore. Because its factory standard. And the look of the paint jobb is fantastic! I'm going to post some pictures showing how fantastic, later today.

Thats good! I think that you are going to like it.. Especially the HW thats going inside.. (hehe)

Love you all!:naughty:

6. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

I hope your shop will be a succes. It's impressive to open the shop you have been dreaming of.

7. Vasskjøling

Hehe. Yeah.. And hard. But i think its going to become a success. :D
    Thx for all the support and response so far!

8. Vasskjøling

I'm sorry to say that the new pictures will have to wait until tomorrow.. :( Some of the lighting equipment has "failed" just blew all the fuses in the first floor. Hehe. Well well.. The lamps where new.... so probably going to get a second set to try and see. Looking forward to it! No i have to sleep! I work so much everyday. I can hardly stand right now. So.. Sleepy time!

Love you all!:naughty:

Last edited: 2 Sep 2010
  9. cian1500ww

cian1500ww Drunken Irish Dude

Don't do that :worried: I'd be so tempted to get one but the hardware is more in need of an upgrade than the case :wallbash:

10. Vasskjøling

Haha! I feel your pain! Well since i am up and alive again.. (my neighbor started making his new veranda... gotto love the sound of the grinder, cutting true stone.. AHHH! I LOVE IT!) I could always explain a little more about the Project!

Since we have two of these lovely cases, we are going to MOD one of them. And keep the other one stock. This is more for the fun than actual marketing. And it is also someting our sponsors wanted us to do. Cant argue with "if we give you two cases instead of one.. are you willing to mod one of them?" :D And i must say! Cooler Master has been so great true the whole thing. From the start they have been supportive and active. And i also gotto give Danger Den, TFC and Aquatuning some cred to. Danger Den is sponsoring what ever we want to watercool. TFC i cannot thank enough. And Aquatuning we will mention later.. :eyebrow: I am feeling a bit evil right now.. AM I TEASING YOU? OR WHAT? :naughty:

Love you all! :naughty:

PS! Ill make a more clear "work plan" tomorrow or to night!

11. Vasskjøling

Not the studio pics - I NEED A ELECTRICIAN!

Hi again! wanted to up some more photos.. sadly its not the studio pictures, some of the equipment isn't working.. :waah:

Well here are some photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you probably can see. This isn't very good pictures. But i promise to upload some great pictures once everything is fixed! :naughty:

Love you all!! :naughty:

12. Vasskjøling

Hi. Again! Did a quick build in one of the computer cases. I had some extra HW laying around. Hehe. This is not the way its suppose to look. I just wanted to get the feel of building in the case. Both cable management and mounting the WC.

So whats in this beauty.

HW:
    -Gigabyte M-atx AM3 MB
    -3.2 Ghz AM3 Hexacore
    -4Gb ram 1600 mhz
    -Ati 5870 v2
    -Coolermaster 1000w PSU
    -2 TB WD Green
    -Dvd drive

WC:
    -EK AM3 WC block (acrylic)
    -Laing D5 Pump
    -XSPC 240mm Radiator
    -Swiftec Micro res
    -PCice red UV fluid
    -Clearflex 13mm tubing + with some kink coils

Other:
    Added some lighting - Red LED strip in the roof, maybe going to add one in the floor to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well thats it! What do you think? or what do i think? hehe
    Well the case is great! i just love the little plate you can mount behind the PSU to hide the wires! The mounting of the Radiator is so simple.. is just used some regular screws and it was done.. And it can fit a even bigger radiator 360, but i think you could squeeze in a 420 if you want to.. The only thing i found hard was where to put the pump. And i know that putting it on top of the PSU is kinda risky. But for this build it looks great! you cant see the pump from the window. Because of the huge side fan, (had to remove the duct tho :( ) Cable management is easy! with all these pre drilled holes, with rubber grommets already installed ist a dream to build in. Only thing is that there could be more punch outs for the strips on the backside, had to use some adhesive mounting things to make it all perfect.

So thats all! Love you all! :naughty:

So thats my little reivew

Last edited: 6 Sep 2010
  13. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

I stopped the browser in loading the thread... Please fix the HUGE pictures down to a more apealing size, say 800*600.
    download photoscape (google it) and resize all the photo´s and reupload.

Regards

14. Vasskjøling

Ohh. ****. Didn't see that. But then i have to re upload them... :(
    Its my new camera.. but image shack is suppose to resize.. well well.. have to start all over again :p

15. Vasskjøling

Image size is now fixed!
    :D

Love you all! :D

16. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

17. Vasskjøling

Thx. And l like you project to! Hehe. Have been following it from the start! (looking forward to seeing some numbers from that insane rad tower!):naughty:

18. LooseNeutral

Looks like a keeper. Nah, go throw it back. Just some little odds and ends laying about the place. blah... he he lol. Trifling little minnow of a hell spawn!

19. Vasskjøling

Hehe. This isnt how the build is going to look.. I need some.. newer HW. Hehe, So ill trow it back!:worried:

20. LooseNeutral

No don't do that! I'll serve it up on my table. mmmm HAF-Fish LOL