1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Tuner Card/Box to use with older consoles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gravemind123, 14 Sep 2010.

1. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

I do not have a TV, nor can I afford one or have space for one in my dorm. I would like to bring my Gamecube/N64/SNES(They all use the same composite video cable) with me to school and play them on my monitor. I am just looking for the cheapest and easiest way to do this. I don't really care what method I use, as long as I can play my consoles on my monitor either through a video converter box or a tv tuner. Does anyone else have experience or recommendations as to what I should buy to do this?

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Anything with component video in (yellow) will work. You're going to have to hook up the audio parts to something, or use a component -> 3.5 jack adapter to hook it up to the Line-in on your sound card so you can listen to it through whatever you have hooked up to the PC.

3. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Do you have any specific suggestions of a tuner card? PCI, PCI-E x1, USB, it doesn't really matter, I just don't want to get one that will either look absolutely terrible or have unusable software and I don't have any personal experience with TV tuners other than the one my laptop came with.