1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Dremel Accessories

Discussion in 'Modding' started by icedfusion, 19 Dec 2001.

1. icedfusion

icedfusion What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know where you can order Dremel Accessories from?? (preferably online)
    I would like to order an aluminium router for it (i have the plastic bit for it, but not the cutter).

I know homebase do some items, but these are just the Dremel tool itself, maplin seem to do all the minicraft stuff, cant find one for Dremel.

ta.

ice.

2. macroman

macroman The One

Have you tried B&Q? They stock the entire range.

3. K

K 528491

I've posted a link somewhere online in the Useful Links Thread at the top here or in Hardware.

4. K

K 528491

5. icedfusion

icedfusion What's a Dremel?

thx, just what i require...

ice.

6. brutal

brutal What's a Dremel?

just wait til you see the price of the better cutters especially the carbon steel and the diamond cutters

7. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

Is the diamond cutting wheel any good for cutting steel cases? my faux-dremel seems to piss through the reenforced carbon discs, but the diamond one is like £20!

8. AW3K

AW3K What's a Dremel?

do B&Q actually sell the entire range online because i can't find any of the bits?

come to think of it i didn't see the range in my local store

where abouts in the store will they be?

Cheers

AW3K

9. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

sco0by- i use a cheapy dremel clone, and all i use is the normal heavy duty cutoff disks, not the reinforced ones. you can get 20 of them for less than 5 fiberglass reinforced ones, and if you do it right they will last as long if not longer. the tricks is not to push the pit into the metal. let the speed of the bit do the work. if you notice that there is black dust being spat all over the place youre pressing too hard. trust me, it will take more time but it saves you a small fortune in cutoff disks.

another note, the fiberglass ones, it seems to me that they dont have too very much more cutting life to them, i think the fiberglass might be to keep them from shattering (wear eye protection!!) like the heavy duty cutoffs do sometimes. correct me if im wrong

10. macroman

macroman The One

My local B&Q stock the entire range and accessories. They are in the tools section.

11. AW3K

AW3K What's a Dremel?

Cheers macroman i must have been asleep when i was looking, i'll look again next week

AW3K

12. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

You might have to go to a B&Q superstore - as they stock a larger range than the regular B&Q stores.