1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News IE9 beta launched

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by julieb, 16 Sep 2010.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I can report that All CPU Meter (3.2) is broken as well - just a grey box and occasionally 'bits' of the graph start to show but nothing else.

2. Embattle

Embattle What's a Dremel?

I would use the 64bit version but it seems a little slow compared to the 32bit version, on things like sunspider on my computer it was 4 times slower.

3. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

But isn't that All CPU Meter job to make their gadget compatible with IE9? Mine was fine as I was still using the previous version which is unaffected.

4. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Compatible with Beta software?

What bothered me most was the revelation/confirmation of how deep Windows 7 still depends on IE engine for such simple task as a gadget.

5. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Hi impar

I don't think that is too much of a problem given everyone is predicting "Cloud" computing is the way forward. I think it just needed a browser linked into the gadget to check whether it needs an update.

Isn't the whole point of Beta testing to see what works and what needs updating to work with it?

This particular gadget in question isn't a microsoft produced gadget so maybe they are working on what's needed to work right now.

What's strange though is the gadget previous version is working fine?

6. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Does the previous version monitors CPU speed?

7. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

HAHAHA :)

just IE playing catchup with FF... which you can also pull tabs to make new windows...

8. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Regarding All CPU Meter - I was not suggesting that it not working was the fault of the developers or Microsoft, Neither will it stop me from keeping IE9 beta installed! I was merely pointing out the fact that CPU Meter 3.2 does not work! I am sure this will be resolved in time for public release of the final code.

IE9 is looking good. I hate the back/forward buttons though - they look unfinished, which as it's a Beta I suspect they are!

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I promise to try harder next time. Six or seven more beers ought to do the trick...

10. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

That, or falling down the stairs on your head

11. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

And FF catching up with Chrome. I can't wait until the next Chrome! Gotta love the competition!

Btw, is the downloading REALLY slow? like taking literally HOURS to complete? Tried 3 times now and gived up all three

12. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

nope wasnt slow for me, but i did download it, right after it was released, so maybe i beat the rush

13. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    All CPU Meter 3.3 works well with IE9 Beta.

Tags: Add Tags