1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Graphite 600T Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Sep 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

3. mecha.

mecha. Newbie

I really like the styling of this case, and am really thinking about buying one. Im a little put off by the cooling performance as my i7 system and 5870 are overclocked, im not sure its gonna be able to handle it. Perhaps installing a few high performance fans would make a difference?

4. dansus

dansus What's a Dremel?

Isnt this the cheapy versions of the 800? Guess thats why the build quality is a little less than it could be. Still like it for its internals though.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Silverstone FT02 is still the king.

looks like this is just a cheap knock off of 800D, just like those far east cars.

Corsair, try harder.

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Not bad for the price. As long as the features and the (reasonable) build quality are there, cooling can always be sorted.

7. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

Well Corsair did create the 800D :p...

A bit dissapointing for what most hoped to be and a bit too big for a "mid sized" i hope they do a "600S" that is smaller and cheaper by a bit (£90-100) and had an extra USB 3.0 port and of course better cooling.

8. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

Obsidian 800d and 700D are much better IMO

9. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I think they need to sort out the pricing as the 700D is available at Scan for £145.99.

10. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

+1
    Got one last week and it works great when you use the rear fan as intake and the top as exhaust. My overclocked (720mhz, 1.038v) GTX 470 now idles at 16 delta and reaches only 60 delta on load with 80% fan.
    That case doesn't quite fit in their pricing model

11. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I was hoping it was going to be a bit cheaper than that. With the 700D and 800D they have the top stratosphere of the market nailed down so it was only logical that they try a little lower; say the £100 mark.

Still, it does look fairy nice but I'm surprised at the build quality from Corsair. After trying so hard to be a top purveyor of quality.

12. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I'm torn between this and the 700D at the moment. I like the design of the 600T and was going to make a black and white system for myself (and possibly my first ever project log on the forums!), but then I look at the 700D and I wonder if I might be able to add a H70 to that and make an intake from the rear for the fans (it's a 140mm fan hole, but the H70 uses 120mm. Dilemma!) and exhaust through the top.

Decisions, decisions.

13. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

This is what you need mate.

14. B1ackbeard

B1ackbeard Browncoat

The rear fan mount for 700D / 800D has holes drilled for 140mm and 120mm fans, so you won't need an adapter.

15. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I'm slightly disappointed with it's cooling performance but either way, I'm definitely sold on it's aesthetics. Wonder how it'll compare to my Antec 300.

Hopefully Corsair will lower the price as it's just too much. I don't like the look of the Raven tbh so that puts me off.

16. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Yeah same here, the Raven doesn't do much for me, but this 600T looks awesome imo. Maybe a version with a fan in the side panel will be released?

17. exexs

exexs What's a Dremel?

Same conclusion than everyone here, the price is a little bit too much for what it is! I mean you can get Lian Li first models for less money and they are full alu! It's a big difference when you have plastic or alu in front of you... Anyway the design is good, with other fans it could be really good!
    I'm still waiting for a 800D less tall, or a 800D in alu... would be.. PERFECT!

18. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

I love the styling and the interior, but priced far too high. The 200mm fans were a poor choice. At least you can swap it out the top for 2x 120mm (and might give better ventilation behind the cpu cooler) but i dont think you can do the same at the front.

Does anyone know what voltage fan controler works over?

19. Custards87

Custards87 What's a Dremel?

I must admit I was a bit disappointed reading this review as I had my eye on this case as a replacement for my Akasa Eclipse 62 for Christmas. I expected better from the cooling, particularly with the top hard drive cage moved (props for running that test by the way, I love reading CPC and bit-tech and applaud your frank and thorough reviews and methodology, hence joining the forums!).

I was surprised to here that the plastic didn't seem up to scratch since a few other reviews have said that this definitely isn't the case so I don't quite know what to believe but I'll take your word for it til I get to see one in person. I've only ever built 2 PCs and my other is in a Lian Li PC7 so the only plastic I've ever felt is the front of my Eclipse. The Lian Li feels a bit less sturdy so I'm not opposed to steel and plastic.

I'm considering either this case or the RV02 as they're about the same price here in Canada. I love the air cooling of the RV02 but there are a few niggles that would annoy me and I prefer the look of the 600T even if it is a bit of a chubber.

I love the cable management of the 600T (though without a window and as well as the SSD-compatible drive bays and front USB 3.0 that could prove very handy in the future. Pity the fan controller is just about useless, what a silly inclusion! I'm not a huge fan of LEDs either but I figure black tape or wire clippage could fix that.

Overall if the plastic is OK I still might go for this case as $160ish. I'd love for Silverstone to make 200mm air penetrators though and shove a couple into a 600T. That could be immense. Also, since 200mm fans are now becoming more commonplace, perhaps we'll start seeing better quality fans in general and even 200mm square radiators too like the one Antec offers.

20. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

It is not supposed to be a small version of the 800D but it is supposed to be a cheaper one. On that front it wins nicely, but this brings them into a much larger market at this pricing. I can't see this selling many more than the other cases in this price range. Thay have brought some of the best bits from the 800D imo such as the drive bay adapters for SSD's, very nice inernal cable routing. If I were on the market for another case I'd still wait and save for the 800D every time.

Tags: Add Tags