1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Free iPad video converter

Discussion in 'Software' started by neocleous, 23 Sep 2010.

1. neocleous

neocleous Minimodder

Hi all,

Can any one recommend a free iPad video converter I have a couple of MKV's I would like to convert to play on an iPad.

Thanks

2. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Handbrake clicky and then get Handbrake from here

3. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

5. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one. If I want to shrink my DVD's first and then encode them for IPAD use, what should I use for that? DVD Shrink? Or is there anything better/faster?

6. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I recommend this I haven't used the apple converters myself, but I know that most of the other tools they have do an excellent job. DVDVideoSoft Free Studio is completely free and in addition to getting the apple converters you also get video editing, DVD burning, youtube ripping, and other tools that you may find useful one day. The software package's evolved a lot since it's conception when it was basically a list of links ^^.

here's a youtube of the latest version

Last edited: 12 Dec 2010
  7. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

thanks for the tip, but there was like 50 different programs on that link. I want to be able to compress a normal DVD to something like 700mb, and then I guess I can use handbrake from there, or check out in more detail your link. . . .

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

9. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Did you see the green button on the right? It's a big green rectangle and it says in in white text "Download Free Studio" and below that, "One installation for all programs" -_-. You click that, wait for the download to finish, and install the package. Every program gets installed, and you get an interface like the one in the video shows so you don't have to wonder how to access all the programs. The thing has a DVD ripper and a DVD burner plus apple and mobile device converters :p (although I would recommend getting virtualdub for video compression).