1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Custom PC Duff 460 review

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GreyMack, 22 Sep 2010.

1. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I said hungarian, not Hungary. The word hungarian is an adjective used to describe someone who lives in Hungary, and thus doesn't need to be capitalized.

Oh blimey we're derailing the thread. Bindi's going to stick the banhammer up our arses.

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Fair play for coming back and admitting your mistake mate.

Change it up for a quieter card by all means, you might have a faulty one, or it might just be the sound you have to live with if you want to cool 336 stream processors running at load. Swings and roundabouts!

:)

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

As Parge says, kudos for admitting your mistake, +rep .

I have a friend who briefly had two Zotac 460s and found noise to be an issue, particularly under full load; the noise seemed to be the fan rubbing rather than just acting like a hairdryer though.

Anyhoo, he switched to two 470s and they are very quiet! Inaudible when idle and barely any noise when under load.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ph4sed should know better. use the report post function please people. ;)

5. narwen

narwen narwen

I have a Gainward GLH it was very noise until i flashed the bios. Now very quiet at idle and quiet at full blast. Its quieter than my case fans (HAF932).

6. GreyMack

GreyMack What's a Dremel?

Hey Narwen shame i didn't read your post before :)

Anyway i sent my gainward back, horribly loud and bought an MSI 460gtx hawk, at idle silent at load u can hear it a bit but using the afterburner software i set a profile for fan speed and not its silent :)

7. blizzard|harper

blizzard|harper gold-member

What headset ypu got man?

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

My Sparkle GTX460 is what I would classify as quiet when gaming (by this I mean I can't hear it above the other case fans in my R2 case). My Inno3D on the other hand is not as quiet.

Interestingly the Sparkly also clocks to 850/1700/4000 with only 0.962v (stock is 0.937v). My Inno3d stock volts are 1.037v.....

Just to be clear I am comparing all cards to my GTX470. I have never heard anything (computer wise at least) so loud as that card @ 85% fan.

9. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Ive got the Gainward GTX 460 GLH edition.

It replaced a 9600GT.

I dont notice any difference when idle, nor when under load playing games.

However, if i run Furmark then i can hear it crank up the gears - But while playing games i havnt noticed the increase, perhaps due to the fact im immersed in what im doing? dunno.

Either way, i would say it is slightly louder than my previous card, but not by much.