1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films What if they rebooted Star Wars?

Discussion in 'General' started by johnnyboy700, 13 Jul 2010.

1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Damn Lucas, you absolutely want to crashdown the fondations of your 'Reputation' ? What's wrong with you man ! You can't find a new adea ? What make you think that you can afford to create something better than the Original saga when you have been unable to consolidate the Second Opus. It's time for you to retreat because with years you have become a Big [​IMG] who only want to make money & who dont give a damn about quality. Keep your old succes in a saferoom, stop shaming yourself

TheBlackSwordsMan - April 2011

Last edited: 14 Jul 2010
  2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, or a sequel to ALIENS, or a sequel to Terminator 2... Those films were just waiting to be improved upon.

Yeah, or several remakes of The Body Snatchers. Who wants to watch a black-and-white film these days?

And I remember the horror that was Star Wars "Happy Life Day" all too well. I still wake up screaming.

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

I agree, like ' Starwars: The Old Republic' or 'Starwars: Great Sith War'

Reboot the Original.......just think about that is a SHAME !

For Lucas his old succes are only a Dairy Cow, I dont think he care anymore about Fans. It will be milked until his death.

4. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Let's be clear on one thing: we are discussing the IDEA of a star wars reboot. The original article linked to is an APRIL FOOLS JOKE. Those damning Lucas to hell over this can revert back to damning him to hell over eps 1, 2, and 3.

(although... i kinda liked some bits of all of them :worried:)

5. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Good god, did some of you actually think this was real?

Deary, deary me...

6. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

In my opinion we should draw the line with franchises like star wars, star trek, predator, aliens, so on and so on.

They just keep ruining them and I'm well and truly sick and tired. I hated how they've ruined AVP for me and this new predator film is like a slap in the face. I mean TOPHER FUUUUUING GRACE?!?!?! For the love of god WHY?

There are tonnes of films I'd love to see new movies of but the way the industry is these days means the films wont be done justice, they'll be used to line pockets and further the careers of talentless morons.

I'm convinced the movie, music, television and games indutries have been told to ruin everything from my childhood I hold dear in some attempt to demoralise me and have me buy in to thier way of thinking:
    1. We make film - YOU PAY TO SEE FILM
    2. We release VHS - YOU BUY VHS
    3. We release DVD - YOU BUY DVD
    4. We release Bluray - YOU BUY Bluray
    5. We make sequels - YOU PAY TO SEE SEQUELS
    6. We make new film(s) - Repeat steps 2, 3 & 4 for new film
    7. We make special editions and bonus editions and delux edtions - YOU BUY!
    8. We reboot films - YOU REPEAT STEPS 1-7!

Rant.

7. TheBlackSwordsMan

I agree about TOPHER GRACE, why the hell ?. The Part when Topher is wounded and He ask help to a PREDATOR ! ARE YOU FU(*%*&% KIDDIN ME ?

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I was bring this one back up. While the re-boot idea was an April Fool's joke, The Hollywood Reporter is now reporting that George Lucas plans to re-re-re-release the entire Star Wars franchise in - wait for it - 3D! :duh: Further details are somewhat sketchy at this point, with most news outlets seemingly sourcing The Hollywood Reporter article.

If the information is correct, Lucas wants to convert all 6 films to 3D then release them in order, from 1-6, beginning 2012. Of course, the series is set for Blu-ray release (naturally with even more added scenes) next year. So, will you buy the Blu-ray set, then the re-mastered-super-extended Blu-ray set, then the ultra-mega-super-duper Blu-ray set, then the i-can't-believe-it's-not-butter-but-it's-in-3D Blu-ray set?

Edit: Confirmed at starwars.com?

Last edited: 29 Sep 2010
  9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Good ol' Lucas.

Nevermind making anything new and interesting, beat old horses!

10. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

yeh the 3d story was on the bbc news site at lunch time

11. Gunter

Gunter What's a Dremel?

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Saw a VHS at Goodwill just browsing through the books/VHS section (don't ask, they mix them!) and had a bit of a jaw dropper. It's really nothing new to see classic movies on VHS, but this one caught my eye because it was just Star Wars. No subtitle or anything. Not being a huge Star Wars fan I don't know too much about the history of all the releases, but doesn't that mean this VHS was released before the second movie came out? If so, that's pretty awesome to me. Talk about the true Star Wars!

13. Xir

Xir Modder

Well a BluRay release is long overdue...
    Be it the original ones IV V VI (as released on DVD 2006), the "remastered" IV V VI as released 1997 and 2004 or even the-ones-we-don't-speak-about :D

14. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

Yeah a Blu-ray release would be good :D and thats it, no more no less.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

With you. It's SUPPOSED to come out 2011...but I'm afraid they'll be 3D'd or something :grr:

16. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Best day of my movie life was watching this in 1977 when the first one came out and now that bearded fruitcake is going to ruin it

17. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Unfortunately that IS in the works, George Lucas is planning to get it all remade in 3D