1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress PLXTC [update: 110910 -the first LEDs]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 9 May 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

It's looking awesome - like a scorpion sting.

2. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

THX!!

in the last days we made a bit of progress....so here comes the update ....:D

but before we start with the progress....we want to send a big THANK YOU to OCZ for their support for this project!!! They send us the SSD`s for the System :thumb:

now....the progress...:D

after the last update...one of the first things we did was to repaint the Mainboard Tray...the Backside with the I/O Ports and the outside of the PSU....so that they match the color scheme of the case...

then we cutted out the plexi part of the case backside and also a few spacers for the outer parts oh and not to forget a new plexi part for the motor...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Nicksen

Nicksen Danish Kid :D

Nice work!

4. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

:thumb:

time for another small update....

we couldn´t make much progress in the last days, because we were very busy completing a few other projects...

But i think that will change in the next days, because on Friday we will be visited by another TV Crew for a video shooting and they want to show this mod as well...so we have to hurry a bit....

In the last days we already started to do some detail work on the mechanics so that everything works smooth and fine ....we also drilled a few holes in the Plexi Backside which we already had prepared, so that we could screw it to the Metall I/O Tray...
    Then we glued our plexi spacer rings to the bottom of the case so that they can prevent the upper parts from sliding left and right on the rod.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Nicksen

Cool!

6. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

time to show some progress.....

in the time between we attached the red mirror plexi stripes to the front.....
    then we cutted 2 other plexiglas stripes out of smoke/grey plexiglas and attached them to the socket of the case....

As one of the next steps we assembled the mechanics (i think tomorrow we can make a first test) and cutted out 2 parts from which we will build a sort of drive cage....it will be placed around the PSU (to hide it from sideviews) and will also be used to mount the 120 mm radiator for the watercooling

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Nicksen

Awesome!

8. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Time for the next update :clap:

and to make a looong story short....some bad things happened on Friday the 13th :jawdrop:
    (involving a camera team and a lot of broken plexiglas :nono:)

But we could fix the most of the damage up to now....so that we hopefully could finish this build soon.....

:dremel:

In the time between a new episode of Plexiglas.tv launched....they spent a bit of time with us during the building process and visited us @ the Gamescom / DCMM

(english version)

beside that we assembled the most parts of the hardware....and today we made 2 Plexiglas Sidepanels in smoke /grey....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

That case is amazing, and the video was very interesting too :)

10. Nicksen

The stuff he said! :D

11. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx m8´s!!!

in the last days we didn´t made so much on this project...but what we did was to finish the sidepanels (sanding & polishing the edges) and drill a few holes in them so that we could screw them to the lower part of the case

Beside that we also made 2 mounting brackets which we glued to the inside of the lower part, they already have matching holes for the sidepanels....as one of the next steps we´re going to add another screw on the upper part of the case....just to keep it closed while transporting/moving it....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waynio likes this.
  12. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Amazin i love it !!:D

Since i met you in Madrid i been amazed and you keep amazing me with all those crazy moddings you do!!

For me you are the best modding team of Europe in this moment, keep up the good work!:thumb:

This one deserves more photos with higher quality:D

13. Nicksen

Nice... And I think you made pretty much on the project ! :D

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Awesome work as always guys, made my top 3 this month :rock:. + 5 stars + rep :thumb:.

15. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Such an awesome design. Fantastic work so far guys, I really like what you are doing here. I can't believe I missed this mod until now.

16. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

wow thx a lot m8´s!!!

and also a big thank you for the motm nomination!!! :thumb:

yesterday and today we made a little bit of progress...so that i could bring you a small update:

yesterday we started with the first part of the LED´s which will be integrated into this build...so we first cutted a long plexitube into pieces and sanded one of the parts so that it make a more diffuse light inside the case...it will be placed under the big tube...

after cutting the plexitube we also cutted a cable channel into the right lenght and drilled a few holes in it for the LEDs....as next step we prepared a few LEDs so that we could assemble the complete LEDs stripe and make a first test inside the case...

But it´s only the first part of the lights...more to come....

Beside that we prepared the backplate of the system with another hole....behind that hole we will place a small pushbutton which will stop the motor when the case is closed....another end switch will be placed in the front of the case to mark the "open" position and stop the motor when the case is fully opened....

and last but not least we cutted another sheet of plexi for the inside which will be used to cover the PSU from the inside...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Nicksen

Awesome :)

18. frenchscottie

frenchscottie Garlic & Haggis

I hope that was a box of fruit in the picture. :)

19. frenchscottie

frenchscottie Garlic & Haggis

This is really an awesome mod.

20. miahallen

miahallen Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

WOW....epic build. Great work guys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.