1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam My L4D2 DLC2/3 speculations

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Yoy0YO, 11 Oct 2010.

1. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

I was poking through the sound bites for the characters hoping for a new ring-tone then I found some interesting sound files.

They were the L4D character's saying lines exclusive to the L4D maps such as Dead Air and ETC, not just No Mercy. There are arguments with the guy in the church-bell room and theres a line by Zoey where she says "Those planes are heading to the airport..."

I'm speculating that there may be possible new screen time in L4D2 with the original L4D cast, if not, this would allow mappers to more-easily port the maps of old to L4D2, models & conversations included!

I think it was in

Code:
    steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2_dlc2\sound\player\survivor\voice\*
    Look for the files that begin with WORLD

To be honest, the pessimistic side of me just thinks that they did a full audio dump from L4D to L4D2, never hurts to be optimistic

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I can see them putting old maps into l4d2 soonish anyway! :)

3. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I think that once the sales start to die down for l4d2, they will merge the two games anyway, bung it on steam for an extorcionate price and make more sales.

4. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

at which point they'll consider the sale of... L4D3. DUN DUN DUUUUNN

5. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I think you may indeed be correct, I was just listening to some of the files and I heard Zoey say something to both Nick and Ellis. So it looks like they might merge after all.