1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Civilization V Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Sep 2010.

1. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

I might be ignorant here, but why is there an excellence reward with 'only' 9/10? I thought you needed 10/10 for excellence?

2. Metrology

Metrology What's a Dremel?

Have played about 40 hours so far......it's a step back in my opinion. Really disappointed with it. In fact it's more like the console version of the game.....

3. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I agree. It's a decent enough game, but a pale shadow of IV. There are a number of big improvements, but the loss of religion and the effective loss of culture are critical. Plus the Tech try is uninspiring - no bonuses for being the first to research X.

When I talk of the loss of culture, I mean that culture has simply been relegated to a currency with which you buy social policies. It doesn't affect diplomacy, it can't be used to instigate or prevent warfare, to gain cities/resources.

The game is significantly less multi-dimensional than IV. If not console fodder, you can certainly describe it as 'accessible' and I mean that to include every negative connotation.

4. TheLink

TheLink What's a Dremel?

From the demo, seems much more limited than Civ 4 really. Get Civ 4 instead.

Tags: Add Tags