1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Your most hated games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 30 Sep 2010.

1. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Even Solitaire?

2. KeTZz

KeTZz Minimodder

Gears of war 2 my mate got me a new 360 to play gears 2 and after a week i sold it again:sigh:

3. Sanzy

Sanzy Minimodder

Final fantasy games other then 7.

4. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Going to get massively flamed for this but Civilization games. I tried them after Shogun: Total War which redefined strategy games for me (I loved Colonization on the Amiga) and was hugely disappointed by them but would have to sit through hours of mates playing them.

5. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

I'm with ya. I think they are crappy. I did have a lot of fun with Civ 2 for a few days, but in general I really don't like the Civ games. I just think the combat is rubbish / none existent. I would rather play something like Age of Wonders where at least when you go in to battle, it zooms in to a battlefield and you have to fight it out properly.

6. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

MOO3; took them years to make, followed the blogs and development only to end up with a turd.

Heatherns - FYI MOO2 was like civ in space and was brilliant! (like CIV2).

7. Jaberw0cky

Jaberw0cky What's a Dremel?

LEGO games. Most boring games ever.

WoW. I wont play it on principle. That principle being I would rather dig out my own kidney than pay to have the privilage of having a second job.

Any sports game. I have no desire to kick a real ball, why would I bother with a virtual one?

Pokeman. Seriously? I need a reason?

Im totally not getting the hate for Oblivion and FO3 though. I love the fact that I can just go off and amuse myself for days on end. And with the overhaul mods installed thers like 3 or 4 times more content to play about with.

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you sound bitter

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Seconded... I intially wasn't going to post anything to avoid feeding any flames but c'mon... the Lego and Pokemon games are for children.

10. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Lol pokemon and Lego? Do you also hate Fisher Price Peek-a-boo and play dough? As for Oblivion and FA3, I don't see how they are any different to WoW. Forget about 3 or 4 times more content, if you actually tried WoW you would see that it's the exact same gameplay but with about 100 times more content.

11. The Professor

The Professor What's a Dremel?

WOW I played it for a while but I could not help getting annoyed by the way they hold your hand through everything and once you reach end game its boring.

12. spaceman1

spaceman1 What's a Dremel?

Sims i did like it a long time ago but now there is sims every where sim this sim that argh!!!!

13. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Lara Croft Tomb Raider. The most entertaining thing I did with her is get her to do a head first dive from the highest platform I could find onto solid rock.

Caesar III - Build a city and wait for some natural disaster to wipe out the last 3 hours work.

and prob will get banned for the next statement.

I disliked Deus Ex. Just didn't mingle with it tbh.

14. Jaberw0cky

Jaberw0cky What's a Dremel?

I never had a Gameboy as a kid.
    And I dont have to pay a monthly fee to play Oblivion and FO3.

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I didn't have Hello Kitty Island Adventure as a kid, but that doesn't mean I'm going to play it now then say I hate it.

16. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Lol ditto on both. I LOVED System Shock though, both of them.

17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That's silly and hypocritical coming from somebody who buys games.

No it's not.

I don't mind people disliking WoW because they just don't like it, but people do sometimes often expose huge inconsistencies and failings of logic in their thinking when they try to explain to themselves why WoW shouldn't be played.

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

+1

I've given some pretty scathing reviews of WoW on this site, but the keyword is review. First hand experience. Hundreds of hours of it. Descriptions of objective features along with my subjective opinion of them. I'll be the first to advise someone to not play given my own negative experiences with the current state, but could never say that there's isn't fun to be had. There wouldn't be millions of players if there weren't some redeeming factors.

Always bugs me when people who have never played take such reports from first hand players and throw them around like the word of God.

19. The Professor

The Professor What's a Dremel?

I had two level 80s one in horde and one in alliance, the leveling was the only fun bit of the game but as soon as you reach 80 the game is pointless and boring, I've had various experiences with raids and dungeons and I have found that other games such as EVE Online and found them more indepth and entertainment.

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I used to hate WoW because lotsd of UT players left the game to play WoW. I think it's a good reason to hate a game.

I did try it btw and found it boring but I can't say the game is to blamed because I am bored when i play any MMO