1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gran Turismo 5 delayed again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Oct 2010.

1. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ok what is really ridiculous about this is that there have been TWO Forza games developed an released in the time it has taken Polyophony to launch.... no.... work on GT5.

It can't even be argued that the Forza games are lacking in some way as this clearly isn't the case, both are excellent and full of content.

What are the people at Polyphony actually doing?

GT5 will have to be epic to not look like a dissapointment, good will simply not be good enough.

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

GT5, second only to DNF in terms of delays :)

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The worst bit is that, although the delays are insulting and totally irritating, this game will sell like hotcakes.

4. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

Well hopefully they are doing what blizzard is doing, delaying the game if they feel it's not good enough. I guess we're all sick of the one year development cycle games that are pretty much buggy and horrible.
    For example: nfs world, said to be developed over 2 years, but pretty much rubbish.
    apb: same thing
    etc, many other games i guess fit this description, but can't think of any off the top of my head.

Anyway, i think it's better if a developer releases a game after a long development cycle, doin their best to put out a high qualityproduct.

Even though i still believe console only games should disappear totally (as a pc gamer at least). Too many games are only on a specific console, making people who don't have the resources to buy into all platforms, miss out.

5. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Maybe Gearbox could finish this game as well? :thumb:

6. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

7. ulfar

ulfar holy s**t, i can change this?

'nuff said

8. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

9. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Anybody else see the connection of the move being released and this being delayed? Me thinks the lollipop is getting coded in.

10. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Judging by the constant delays, I'm guessing they're using Duke Nukem as the player model, so they're waiting for DNF to come out...

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

How can you use the lollipop on a driving game? :confused:

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I thought the delay was due to the master disc just missing a production run in the blu-ray pressing factories? It shouldn't be delayed too long. Blame it on a run of Twilight blu-rays :)

13. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

Twilight Blu-Rays? Can they only be stamped after dark then? Do they have an indigo sheen? I do hope they don't let little points of light through them when you hold them up to the front room bulb.... ^^

14. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

15. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

Just because of COD Spec Ops, seems silly to release 2 high profile games with 5 days of each other....Makes sense to delay a few weeks....

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I only recenlty bought a PS3, playing through the decent exclusives I've been missing will keep be occupied whislt I wait for GT5.

17. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

LMAO, got nothing to do with any COD game, GT5 will sell regardless. Geez, COd fanboys. rumour is it is a last minute dealay due to the security firmware 3.50 sony released.

There not goona delay so close to launch with production already in full swing because of another game.

18. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

Agreed the security firmware is highly likely, as for COD fanboys, yes it is overated but after the awful aproach to the 'medal of honor' reboot, it will only strengthen the games appeal more, BFBC2 is better in almost every way except COD single player is excellent....

19. Bloodburgers

Bloodburgers Minimodder

I have put off buying a ps3 purely because i want gt5. Yes i am a sucker buti have not bee too disappointed with polyphony until this seemingly endless stream of delays.

When it does finally hit my cd tray i can tell you i want.

I want the option for different tyre manufacturers.
    I want cloured Smoke tyres for in drift mode. (replays would look awesome)
    I want realistic pit crews.
    I want the ability to hire race mechanics should you feel uncomfortable setting up your car.
    I want in game audio informing you of weather changes and competitors progress throughout the race.
    I want Murray walker to be blurting out whilst i watch my replay of me hammering round the nuremburgring.
    I want the ability to tune my in car radio during the le mans 24hr to listen to Radio 2 and Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs.
    I want to have a a car viewer in the garage so you can tour every footwell, glove compartment, bonnet and ski hatch in every car!!

Yes i am aware the Arial Atom doesnt have a ski hatch.

20. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Prediction: GT5 arrives whenever it does, 3 months later PS4 announced.

Tags: Add Tags