1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows messenger error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leesy1, 19 Oct 2010.

1. Leesy1

Leesy1 What's a Dremel?

I have developed a problem with messenger. I cannot log in and get error code 8e5e0220. I have been to the support centre and that seems useless. Is there a way to fix this?.

If not how do I uninstall messenger?. Then I can reinstall.

Lee Thx,:miffed:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Windows Live Message is part of Live Essentials package. Start Windows Live Essential uninstaller and remove the Live Message components (aka: MSN).

If you seek for an alternative IM, one without ads, more features, and is better Win7 integrated:
    Check out Trillian 5 Beta - it's free (not a public beta things.. it's really free.)
    http://www.trillian.im/learn/tour-trillian5.html
    I have been using Trillian since version 2. It came a long way, to make a great IM. The advantage of Trillian over other IM clients, is that they listen to their users.
    Trillian allows you to communicate with MSN users, as well as ICQ, AIM, AOL, Facebook integration, Skype, and many many many more.

I think you'll enjoy it. It's beta so it's not perfect, but I suggest it, as it's the best version, but if you give it a try, you can see that it's near perfect.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If you just want to use MSN I'd go and grab the mess.be patch, it works wonders for removing those damn ads. :D

4. Jux_Zeil

Jux_Zeil What's a Dremel?

Have you upgraded to Live Essentials 2011? If not do so and try starting it again.

5. GoodBytes

Well you don't need to enable or use all the services of Trillian, I just use MSN and ICQ, the rest is disabled (everything is disabled, and the wizard at the first run will take care of everything), to reduce resources consumption.

6. Leesy1

Leesy1 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys:). Right I have gone into programs and features (Vista 32bit) and down the bottom I have the following :

Windows live essentials
    Windows live favorites for windows live toolbar
    Windows live sign in assistent.
    Windows live sync
    Windows live update tool

Now do I just uninstall live essentials?. This will remove msn etc and then go and download a new verison of essentials?. Is that on the microsoft site?. I just want to check these things as I have a had a hell of a time with my PC last few days thx to Sonys bloody mobile phone software.

Im just being extra careful:)

Thx Lee

7. Jux_Zeil

Jux_Zeil What's a Dremel?

Use windows update and it will update the ones you have on your rig or install everything that is availible as an option.

8. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

9. GoodBytes

You can use Windows update or, in the case it doesn't show up there you can go here to get it:
    http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials?os=other
    (Google/Bing are your friends)

I recommend to uninstall the current one to make sure you remove any chances of any possible conflicts that could lead to the same problem. Once done, install the new one, hit custom install, and pick the things you want or don't.