1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Green Lantern - *Fan Shroud Concept - March 12, 2011*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by masterchief9615, 15 Oct 2010.

1. masterchief9615

masterchief9615 PC builder / Modder

Project Green Lantern

[​IMG]

I have always been a fan of the Green Lantern, so why not build a PC based on the Comic Book Hero. And what better time to build this than right before it's Hollywood Debut starting Ryan Reynolds; hitting theaters June 17,2011.

This Build is Sponsored By:

[​IMG]

Current Progress:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for those of you that will wonder why my build isn't going to go as fast as others...

[​IMG]

Last edited: 12 Mar 2011
  2. Paradox42

Paradox42 What's a Dremel?

Lovin that shade of green... limeade anyone?:D

3. masterchief9615

Cherry Limeade from Sonic!

4. spigs_rex

spigs_rex Minimodder

lol the drink with attuide! lol .....thats a powerful green! looks good!

5. Lamba

Lamba What's a Dremel?

What a cute baby!!! Good luck with your mod!

6. masterchief9615

Got some sleeving in the mail today so lets give it a shot and see what happens. This was my first time so it was trial and error.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not too bad. Have alot of work ahead of me.

Also spend some time working on getting the DVD drive stealthed. I have yet to cut where the drive will come out, but that will be easy work with the dremel and a skinny cutting blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Nov 2010
  7. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

WoW Can't wait to see more.
    I should be getting this case soon :)

I dont think I have the skill to take a dremel to it.

But dang it looks hot with green fans.

Did you paint them your self or buy them?

I wanna make my 690 II stand out a bit with some colour and chaneg the defualt blue fan xD

Will probably settle on red or somthing :)

Came up with this http://upload.bluntpencil.co.uk/images/modidea.png

Last edited: 17 Oct 2010
  8. masterchief9615

I wanted all of the green to match so I just took them apart and painted them. It takes about 2 minutes to take the fan off so I figured what the heck.

I got some more sleeving done last night and also worked on an idea to hide some of the PC components so it will have a clean look inside. Want to stay nice and simple. lol yeah right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got some painting to do this afternoon once it gets a little warmer out. Iowa gets cold this time of year.​

Last edited: 30 Nov 2010
  9. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I get the same thing every time i look at a computer parts site, It starts with "THE" look of (Oh gosh what does he want for the Damn thing now) and ends up with :nono:your not spending any more on your computer "when are you going to stop spending money on that thing?" Of course you can imagine the look I get when I say " when they stop making computer parts"

Good luck with the wife on that i feel your Pain:wallbash:

10. masterchief9615

Another Update today. I was able to get some more parts painted so I installed them and took some pictures. Also got my HDD window complete. You can see that I have added some carbon fiber to the look as well. Should add some nice touches once the PC is complete.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Until next time..

11. Paradox42

Wow, turning out great! Shame the mother board green isn't the same shade. Is there anyway to change the color of the mobo heatsinks?:dremel: And you got a great glossyish finish on the pci plates. BTW, is that real carbon fiber or is it film?

12. masterchief9615

Just some wrap I found at the local parts store. I didn't want everything to either be just black or just green, so I will be using that to break it up a bit. I still have some trimming to do on the HDD as you can see in the pictures. :dremel: This HDD will actually sit on top of the case in the hot swappable bay. Just put it in the case so it doesn't get dropped.

I still haven't figured out what to do with the motherboard heatsinks. Its ASUS's cerimix finish, so I don't know if painting that is different than painting a regular copper heatsink. I have some more research to do. Last thing I want to do is spray and pray.:worried:

As far as parts go, no word from Mushkin yet. :wallbash:

I will be doing so color ideas of the outside of the case. Once I get a few done, I'll post them and have you guys help me decide what looks better. My mind wonders when I comes to paint ideas lol :thumb:

13. General_Confusion

General_Confusion Now Where was I?

Very nice looking so far. The harddrive came out awsome, a shame it will be hidden in the drive bays, and I realy like the back slot covers.

14. masterchief9615

Once its all done, the HDD will sit on top of the case and show off its sexiness. The CM 690 II advanced has a dock for a HDD.

[​IMG]

15. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

That hdd is badass. you have to make a vid of it spinning. I would never have the gut to open mine (plus with my skilll it would be broken before I start unscrewing).

16. General_Confusion

General_Confusion Now Where was I?

Very cool.

17. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Nice work and very very clean

18. masterchief9615

Small update. I have removed the Army Green heat sinks off of the motherboard. Haven't decided on how I will change the appearance of these yet, but something has got to change.

Will take some pictures of them off tomorrow. For now, time to take a night off to get caught up on sleep.

19. Paradox42

Hmmm... you could sandblast them (or sand, but it would be quite time consuming I suppose to get into the nooks and crannies) and spray w/ one of those engine block enamel paints that are heat resistant. Just a thought. And like other ppl have said, vid of hdd spinning plz?:thumb: Or better yet, a how to would be nice too. Keep it up, this mod has a lot of potential!:clap:

20. bobisgod

bobisgod What's a Dremel?

Green+black=Awesome.