1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus P6TD Deluxe's bright LED?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazybee, 26 Oct 2010.

1. crazybee

crazybee Black & Yellow

Hi there folks just a little question.
    I got the above mother board and I was wondering what exactly does the little BRIGHT blue LED just under the A1 DIMM sockets means?

I've been testing my rig and found a dead stick of ram so I'm currently running just 2 sticks till I get replacement memory but I'm just wondering about the bright LED under the DIMM sockets cause now its off :confused:

2. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Several times (due to a faulty SATA cable) the LED didn't light up and board would not POST (stuck at "GPU == plane engine" step.) had to clear CMOS.
    I guess it should be on. (P6T Deluxe here, not the P6TD)

Is it mentioned in the manual ? Or is there some text next to it ?

3. crazybee

crazybee Black & Yellow

no mention at all regarding the led. system still runs fine but only thing i have changed is only running 2 sticks or ram instead of 3 as I got a bad stick. going to be returning all the memory and getting new so maybe that's why. Just wanna know what its for cause at first I didn't like it as it over powered the other lighting i got inside but now its gone i wanna know why & hope its nothing bad

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I'm not 100% sure but I think when it's on it's indicating that there are no problems with the RAM. It stays on with just 2 slots populated. Is the RAM in the orange slots?

5. crazybee

crazybee Black & Yellow

it was always on when i had 3 sticks in the orange slots, but I'm only running 2 til i get replacements as i got a bad one, maybe 2 bad sticks :waah: . Just wanted to know what it meant and having no mention in the manual is double troubling

6. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

7. crazybee

crazybee Black & Yellow

yeah I did, sometimes it booted up and only 4Gb out the 6Gb would show up, ran memtest on each stick for a couple of hrs, 2 came up with errors.

then put each stick in one at a time and 1 stick the comp didn't boot up at all, when i put them all in and tried to do memtest it did the first test to about 47% then crashed out.

reseated the Heatsink on processor as I've read that could be an issue as well but seems bad memory. Will know when i get new sticks