1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster 1ghz Athlon Keyring

Discussion in 'Modding' started by sco0by, 14 Dec 2001.

1. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

Where a dremel fails surely a slug from a .22 would do it?
    Muhaha, I feel all american :D

2. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

with the slot A one, wouldn't it be easier to cut out a square around the chip on the PCB, slightly bigger than the chip, then cdrill through that....

3. ZeffriN

ZeffriN What's a Dremel?

Someone send me a dead cpu and I'd be happy to test this one for you....

If a .22 doesn't work, I'll get the .222 magnum. If THAT doesn't work (that things a canon). I'll just use the shotgun with solid projectiles.

w00t.

I feel all australian

4. relix

relix Minimodder

try a railgun, if that doesn't work try a gauss, else a egon must be able to do it. If that doesn't work, try a cross missile....

5. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

Does anyone have a small tactical nuke I can borrow?.... ;)

6. relix

relix Minimodder

my uncle has one, wait, I'll see if he borrows it...

7. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

ok if u can drill through them how can u crush the core so easy and i stood on once and it broke in half ( damn $150aus down the drain ) i had a friend that drilled one he used his dads impact drill lol no he used the ones u use on concrette ( hey that is a impact drill )

8. nikbj68

nikbj68 What's a Dremel?

drilling processors

OK, nukes aside! I drilled an AMD(intel!)386 processor for InFiNiTy, using 3 titanium nitride coated drills! Surprisingly...Silicon Chips are made of SILICON!If you ask InFiNiTY nicely He might post a pic of his Keyring! If any of you know any Toolmakers, a Spark Eroder will do a nice job of it too!

9. ZeffriN

ZeffriN What's a Dremel?

how funny would it be if there was a simple solution

Like a belt hole maker or something

*shrug*

10. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Diamond tipped tile drill bits - seems fairly simple to me :D

r.

11. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Nice to see loads of people have b0rked their processors, so they can make keyrings.

Seems reasuring to know that Dead CPU dont go to meet there makers. They get stuck onto a keyring.

OK, whats the simple-est way to drill thru the silicon bedding on a processor.

I want TOOLS, which drill bits, any special lubes needed, and recommended things.

Basically i want someone who has done it, to write a HOW-TO.

and maybe KV or one of the Bit-tech cru will post it in the how-tos on the webby

12. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Umm I've not heard of anyone else but me doing it successfully on this forum :( And my guide is earlier in this thread :)

Cheers,

r.

13. nikbj68

nikbj68 What's a Dremel?

InFiNity`s AMD Keyring

I hope this works!
    I used a couple of 3.3mm Titanium coated (Golden coloured) drills to get through this![​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Jan 2002
  14. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

Hmm if id known all this beforehand I wouldn`t have bothered trying to drill thru my old chip with my trusty faux-dremel:p

Sadly I dont have anything more substantial in my toolbox than a hammer drill, and I`m buggered if im going to buy a diamond drill bit just for that chip.

I feel a mindless chip bludgening session with a 12lb sledgehammer coming on :D

15. nikbj68

nikbj68 What's a Dremel?

OK, Scoob, try making a ring out of blutack about the diameter of a £1 coin, but twice as deep. stick it on the chip, fill with WD40 (or similar....Other brands of oil are also available.....Rocol RTD Cutting Fluid would be good!) and drill at a VERY,VERY Slow speed.(otherwise you wear the oil:eek: ) If you get no luck, Send it to Me, I`ll put a hole in it!!!!!!

16. TwiSteD LoGic

TwiSteD LoGic What's a Dremel?

lasjfjls

Dont feel so bad I have a new one for a keyring Athalon XP 1700 Keyring... WOO HOOO Just what i wanted =(

17. nikbj68

nikbj68 What's a Dremel?

OK, who`s gonna be the First to make an XP2000+ keyring!!!!:rofl: :rofl:
    Is there evidence of burning on the 1700 keyring?? I`m glad we don`t have an XP1800+ keyring .....yet!

18. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

I had a Cyrix 266 that was duff (got it through work) and i tried to drill it, but i snapped 3 drill bits, gave up, and snapped the cpu into 4 bits my wacking it with a great big hammer! :)

19. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

ive got a nice pII 300 keyring. just drilled that with me dremel, had to cut it off its pcb first tho!!!

and gimme half hour, i can get you your 1800+ keyring ;)

20. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

Ok ok ok, here we go again, i know how to do exactly what you want.

heres what you need:

Saran Wrap
    Tinfoil
    Hydrochloric acid
    A six foot extension cord
    A large bicycle wheel
    A five kilo weight
    Two rolls of duct tape
    An old tv tube
    Three tin cans
    Six feet of string
    Four bright bloo leds
    A dremel
    2 beers, (preferably a light ale)
    Lye
    A long stick

Take the saranwrap and crumple it in to a ball to be used later. Connect all of the magnetic coils near the electron guns in the back of the tv tube in order to create a uniform magnetic field, strip the female end of the extension cord and attach the wires to the electron gun in any order you desire. Affix the bicycle wheel to the electron gun using loads of duct tape in order to allow it to rotate 360 degrees. Remove the front of the tube and line the inside of the tube with tinfoil and drape a large piece over the front f the glass cone. Affix the string to the weight and to the tv tube and plug in. Have the beer while you are waiting for that apparatus to warn up, once it is glowing white hot you may begin the next stage. Duct tape the processor to the ball of saranwrap and float in roughly 1 L of Hydrochloric acid directly below the tv tube, but be sure to leave a small opening in the ceramic of the proc to allow for "drilling". Dont worry about dizzolving the proc, the saranwrap provides bouancy and the ducttape will protect the saranwrap and proc from the HCl and the electrons. Spin the bicycle wheel as fast as possible and quickly remove the tin foil from the front of the now bright blue tube. Leave the room immediatley and fill the tree tin cans with water, lye and the leftover beer. Five minutes later (EXACTLY) remove the ball of steaming goo-like duct-tape with a six foot pair of tongs or a long stick and dunk in the lye, remove from the lye and dunk in the water, then in the beer. Remember this is dangerous and must only be performed by a trained technician with a death wish.

Trust me it works, how do You think i did the cheezeman's?

Once this is complete allow the pickled proc to dry and install those bloo leds into your case with the dremel in any desired fashion, because hey blooo leds look good.

This extended allegory has been brought to you by spam, spam the other other white meat. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt if you are running windows on intel 128MB in a square shaped box. This story and all matter contained heren are completley false, and I accept no responsibility for what you may do to yourself in the process of this as of yet unattempted expierement. Any resemblance to any persons living or dead is completley intended. Void where prohibited, except in VA, MA, and ON-CA, where it is a well defined moral no no, eh? This text has been formatted to fit everybody elses screen but yours. C MCHSIHALSDCXQ, ALYING MEDIAINC.