1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 31 Oct 2010.

1. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

What an ugly thing!

2. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

Im getting quite a lot of pain in my index finger which I'm putting down to the claw grip on my bog std office hp mouse.

any suggestions on a bigger mouse that would reduce the claw would be appreciated.

3. memeroot

Also the differences between this and the rat 5 (other than dpi)

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Looks like Batman's Tumbler, which actually makes it look cool... :)

5. ADJB

ADJB What's a Dremel?

£70 for something that looks as if it's a reject from Scrapheap Challenge or £30 for a CM Storm. Think I will keep my Storm.

6. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

Personally I think a Razer Lachesis might work quite well to reduce claw grip, it's such a long mouse you'll have to flatten your hand out and the curves are really ergonomic so it won't be off putting :)

I mostly have it because I game better left handed :D

7. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

My other mouse is also a Lachesis. Other than being lighter I have't found the "claw grip" to be noticeably different. (I like them both personally)

Last edited: 2 Nov 2010
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles Need Hugs?

I have the RAT 7 and it does take a bit of time to get used to. I've never had a mouse fit my hands as well as this one. It took a half an hour to tweak and then further tweaking to get right. Lot's of options, weights to get right, etc.

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Same. Have gotten quite pleased with it and can't find any other mouse capable of replicating its unique feel. Adjusting to fit your hand is really an excellent feature. I've got mine setup just right so the left side is angled perfectly for my thumb to get a good grip, while the palm rest is actually far forward to rest the bottom of my knuckles on (palm floating, fingers curled down onto buttons). The main thing for me is that it feels slim. The way it only touches my hands at certain points rather than being form fitted like some other designs makes it feel much smaller.

Only complaints after a few months use is that is doesn't track as well on my Goliathus cloth pad, and the feet don't seem suited for cloth pads either. Works brilliantly on a hard surface, I discovered. Only complaint there is that I should have gotten the wireless version, I keep the sensitivity so high that when the cable gets caught on something from my messy desk it can cause the mouse itself to move a bit :D

10. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

I had a cheap a4tech xl-750bf and after using this mouse for a month, I went back to my light, battered, and cheap a4tech... This mouse is a footballers mouse: overpriced, overrated, it seems like it's meant to make a statement but doesn't really; it only makes you look like an overpayed teenager... It's very disapointing... it looks alright at first and then quickly changes to being an eyesore... It innovative maybe, and even then it's not build very well, and it's just sooo heavy...
    Mouse, I am disappoint.

11. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

I got one out of curiousity more than anything else with the intention of sending it back if any issues cropped up. Had a bit of a problem with the tracking on my eXact mat smooth side but it worked better on the rough side although not perfect. I dont know what exactly posessed me to do it but i taped an 18x12 inch piece of brown card to my desk and its tracking is now absolutely sublime. dont think I've ever used a better mouse now its all customised :D

12. memeroot

I relented and picked one up (off here so thanks smc8788)

first impressions
    - looks good
    - tracks well
    - movement not as smooth as my sidewinder - this I put down to the size of the feet (which are also a little irregularly shaped

the shape is perfect for preventing my claw grip habit - fingers are now forced into correct position - so thank goodness the pain side is sorted for now

the software is great

the mouse is heavy - I use the sidewinder with all the weights - this I use with none and its still heavy

I dont think its a suitable gamers mouse though - the sidewinder and logitecs are faster - this I'm using at work for which it is perfect.

13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

**VOM**

14. memeroot

you've got me - is it

Volt/Ohm Meter, another name for a multimeter.
    Voice of the Martyrs - group of Christian organizations devoted to raising awareness of persecutions of Christians around the world
    VOM (punk rock band)
    vom (voice of Maldives)
    Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation

15. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

vomit. fugly mouse.

16. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

I am left handed so I'm left out.

17. FirstMM

FirstMM What's a Dremel?

so which size customizable mouse DO you recommend?

Hi all, I have been reading this thread with interest because I too have been looking at this mouse.
    The reason is simple, it is the only mouse I have seen that I can shape to my hand which, in turn, due to the ergonomic effect, I hope will stop the pain I go through everyday using my mouse for hours at a time (I have worked with computers for well over ten years).

So, my question to all of you who have slated this mouse, for whatever reason, is: are you able to recommend a different mouse instead? If not, I may be forced to buy this ugly, gimicky, expensive, over engineered but, above all, comfortable offering from Saitek just so I can carry on working, :wallbash:

Any ideas of an alternative (apart from changing jobs, I mean :sigh:)?

Thanks!

18. Spuggy

Spuggy What's a Dremel?

First thought was that it is way too expensive but I anyway decided to buy it and now I'm glad it's worth of every euros. After few Logitech mouse, Sidewinder, "the aimking" Intellimouse 3.0 and few Razers R.A.T.7 is definitely best for fragging. I really like the precision aim button even in fast close combats when usually fast movements make aiming difficult and inaccurate. Pressing the button in right moment really helps to aim much accurately. I had difficulties to find a mouse with thumb buttons in right place but adjustable thumb-buttons in RAT7 is perfect to me. Sad that Black Ops edition has not that option. Anyway, I can recommend to buy it.

19. bobdza

bobdza What's a Dremel?

actually this mouse is really good, i have had no problems with it except for two: firstly... it feels so amazing to take apart so easily and so i do it all the time during loading screens and end up getting killed first because i am not paying attention, and two: the sensitivity issue, now i have had this but only in the menus of elder scrolls v skyrim. but skyrim is a normally sensitive game so its nothing eally to worry about]

20. icemanTM

icemanTM What's a Dremel?

Logitech G500 would be laser alternative of MX-518... but a bit heavier...

Tags: Add Tags