1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Exceleram details upcoming RAM

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 4 Nov 2010.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

They look very shiny. Good for those of us with HUGE CPU coolers that dominate the entire board

3. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

If they get the price/performance right for products that people want, I don't see why not.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

^ What he said.

5. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

^and for exactly that reason I doubt it. This is a small company just coming to the market and so they won't be able to compete price wise until they are established. The only way people will buy their products instead of the trusted companies named above is if they bring something new to the table, and I just don't see that with these items.

On a side note... I am sick of companies producing enthuisiast products without considering the actual enthuisiasts. I would say that most enthuisiasts have some sort of custom built PC and usually (although not always) have a window in the case to show off the goodies inside... I know I do and my hardware isn't even that special.
    So, my problem is that I have a blue themed case and although certain items may be very good, I do not want RED ram, CPU cooler (Titan Fenrir)... etc... inside my machine. The colour of the material used does not effect the performance so why is it that if I want BLUE ram or CPU cooler I either can't get it or have to settle with lower performance? I have the same issue with the MS X4 Keyboard... Why can't they produce a BLUE version???

6. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

It would appear the "Blue" culvert is blue coloured ram...

7. RedStak

RedStak What's a Dremel?

A culvert is a device used to channel water. It may be used to allow water to pass underneath a road, railway, or embankment for example. :)

8. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

But then there are loads of products that come in blue but not red? Basicly what you're asking is that they produce multiple different coloured options for everything, and that's just not possible.

They're thinking of the enthusiasts by making their hardware look good at all, non-enthusiasts simply aren't going to care, but they still have to be practical.

Just choose a product that fits your colour scheme, there's a hell of a lot of blue-coloured ram: Corsair XMS3 and Dominators, Kingston HyperX, G-Skill Ripjaws etc. I'm sure you should be able to find something to suit your needs.

9. SchizoFrog

I know what you are saying but come on, not every colour is used that often. I can't be the only person who would prefer to colour match the hardware that they actually want.

I have a simular issue with case manufacturers... nearly every desk that has a space for a PC case built in has it on the right side of the desk... So where does Silverstone put the window on the Fortress 2? Thats right, on the right side so you can't see it...

10. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight What's a Dremel?

Seems rather distracting have a case window anyway.

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

@SchizoFrog Enthusiast is those concerned about function over form, what you stated about being well for the most part being pretty isnt what true enthusiast care about, they care about function and in this case the quality of the product and how well its cooled not what color it comes in lol.

12. CCCLighting

CCCLighting www.computercolorcannon.c om

I hope this new company does well, it definitely seems like a tough market to enter as a new company though.

I also like to use color themes with my builds, it would be nice if component manufacturers offered their products in multiple colors to match the theme.

I used to think this way too. But when someone builds their own computer they sometimes would like to "show what is under the hood" just like people do with other hobbies such as modifying automobiles, boats, etc. Why leave all the awesome hardware that is doing all the work in the dark?

13. SchizoFrog

So modders are not 'true' enthuisiasts by your estimation? I think you need to re-evaluate your comment.

14. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

there are two types of modders, those who mod for looks ie you given how much you complain like a women matching shoes to a dress..., and those who mod for performance. Also if you were a true modder then it wouldnt matter the color because you would simply mod it to the color you needed.

15. CCCLighting

CCCLighting www.computercolorcannon.c om

Wow, you are full of stereotypes and misinformation. There are many types of modders, including the 2 groups you mentioned, but I would guess that most modders care both about the looks and the performance. Some modders may prefer to not have a flashy rig but that does not make them any more of a "true modder".

So get off your high horse and accept the fact that you personally may not care about looks at all but many "true modders" do care and are willing to put in the effort to both have a rig with high performance as well as also being pleasing to look at (nice case design, cable management with braiding/heat shrink tubing/etc, maybe some illumination for those that like that thing, etc).

Tags: Add Tags