1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Dremel 300

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Zener Diode, 7 Nov 2010.

1. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

2. vmast3r

vmast3r What's a Dremel?

I got my kit for around the same price on Amazon. Now when you say heavy duty, I don't really think of a Dremel rotary tool as heavy duty...

3. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Thanks.
    When I said heavy duty, I meant heavy duty as far as rotary tools go. Not for cutting a new doorway in my wall, but rather that it would handle cutting holes in, say, a pc case without burnin' out.

Thanks again:thumb:

4. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

You can get it on amazon for a bit cheaper @£36 and free delivery. I don't think you need a more powerfull motor for cutting holes.

5. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Great tool - I have one, and if it's man enough to slice through a M8 HT bolt (Answer: Yes, It is), I't ll do thin steel and ali no probs.

In fact I use it to create the Gooster's dashboard and center console - so I know it will. :)

6. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Thanks guys, sounds like all the info I need.
    Have a nice day:thumb:

7. DAE_JA_VOO

DAE_JA_VOO What's a Dremel?

I have the 300, 400, 4000, and 8200 series Dremel tools, and if you want to go for a Corded Dremel, I'd HIGHLY recommend you go for the 4000 series. The 300 is great, yes, but the raw power that the 4000 delivers is absolutely amazing. So if you can, go for the 4000 :)

8. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Thanks for the advice there DAE_JA_VOO. I would have bought the 300 today but it was sold out in my local Argos store. I had originally intended to just pick it up locally but I like raw power and my local store doesn't stock the 4000 so I'll consider ordering the 4000 online.

Thanks.