1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

^That sort of looks like a guy wanking.

Guest-16 likes this.
  2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Good! I thought I was alone in noticing that, so I didn't want to say anything...

3. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Haha, while that would be awesome, I'd much rather build the second one instead of having it pasted in.

Wait, does that mean the museum is now lacking a basement?

Ops, multi-quote fail. Please combine my two posts here.

4. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Really, really? Even with my sick mind I can't see that o_O

5. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i can. and i will use that against the Dutch people living in my building :p love you guys.

6. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

With a real stretch of the imagination... the shape made by the sand? Looks like the guy has growths out of his back in that case...

7. Pinnecel

Pinnecel What's a Dremel?

Can u send me IP please?

-Pinnecel

8. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

Let me explain then.

The entire station is 'powered' by momentum reset boosters. These work by having two carts boost each other along a straight piece of track. On one side, one of the carts stops, and the other one loops around and back onto the straight track. If a redstone current is passed into this loop, that cart will instead move out of the booster and onto another track which it can use to boost something, then return. When they reach the other side, however, the magic begins. They both boost themselves into the wall, completely cancelling their momentum. One of the carts is on a small slope, so after a short while, the carts boost themselves to the other side.

Why is this important? To understand this, you have to realise that carts have two 'stats' - momentum and speed. Speed determines how fast the cart goes. Momentum is a bit more complicated though. Mainly, it is the same as speed, however, there is a cap on the maximum speed of a cart, stopping it from going crazily fast. There is no physical cap on the maximum momentum - but when the momentum gets too great, and the momentum is larger than the allocated data given to the momentum value, it will make the cart disappear, or stop, or cause the game to crash. Boosters allow carts to generate over a period of time ludicrous amounts of momentum, so in order to make boosters more stable, we use momentum reset boosters.

The other cool mechanic the station utilises is a 'Pez dispenser'. It stores multiple minecarts by stacking them vertically, and they can be removed one at a time by a booster. The dispenser can be filled by dropping carts into it. This is a radical improvement over previous styles of cart holding, as it allows for a station to easily, efficiently, and economically store multiple carts. Because the only requirement for a pez dispenser is vertical space, it takes almost no resources at all to create one at all.

On the top of the station there are two tracks. A booster track, and the track used for travelling. When a cart enters the station, and goes on the track, it stops on top of the wooden pressure plate. A wooden pressure plate sends a redstone signal down to a momentum reset booster, which sends a booster along the track, pushing the cart away. The cart is then boosted along a stone pressure plate, which only sends a redstone signal if there is a player in the cart. If there isn't a player, the cart enters the station and drops into the dispenser. If there is a player, the cart carries on to the next station.

When someone calls for a cart, a signal is sent down to a momentum reset booster to boost a cart out of the dispenser which then enters the station. If they get in the cart, they will be boosted away to the next station, otherwise the cart will re-enter the dispenser. A redstone wire attached to the wooden pressure plate will stop carts being called when there is a cart on the station.

Does that make more sense?

9. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Nuh-uh.

10. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Good god. What have i done. I have to re-edit the map again...if the museum is lacking a basement imagine what the theatre lacks :mad: ARGH.

Sorry guys, will try again!

Last edited: 15 Nov 2010
  11. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

:D

12. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

I know its nowhere near as important but contrusctions also have a significant underground element :worried:

13. Stickeh

I don't disagree, but as soon as i start going underground, effectively start to double the block count, i dread to think what downtowns new size is going to be..or if i will even be able to cut/paste it in one go!

14. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Oops, I missed a very important element, in that sentence "my constructions", although it still made sense and yes I agree with you.

I still really don't understand why it seems to be just MPUK that can't make it run :(

15. Stickeh

Ok another support ticket in, with the new map, with downtown in place, and the underground parts available to wander!

The museums nether collection has been retained, fingers crossed we can get this working :D

16. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

lmao. Another one? All that effort registering just to be shot down like that. Shame on you lol

17. Quavr

Quavr Minimodder

Just got the server details, hoping to be on sometime tonight :)
    Thought I'd introduce myself before going on since I don't post much on the forums, but am more of a lurker, and I have been watching this thread for a while and finally decided to join in.
    See you on it later anyone that will on :thumb:

EDIT: Oh and my minecraft name is hennyhorrid9 :)

18. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

he doesnt look too happy about it either...must be doing it wrong :nono:

19. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

While waiting for the server to come back online with all our previous awesomeness included, I have finally been able to take time to work on my desktop. As some of you may remember, I had a slight condensation issue, but this I am hoping to have rectified now as I am currently using my desktop. And it feels good man.

Look to my post here for details and pictures. :D

20. Canon

Canon Reformed

Stickeh, if it is at all possible could you please try and copy over the Hotel. I am aware it is obnoxiously large so if you do copy it over feel free to place it somewhere more considerate, at the time of building 'downtown' etc weren't there, now that they are I feel they would look much nicer without a GIANT BRICK infront of them.

Cheers.