1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other AMD Athlon II x2 Temp?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by aznix2020, 3 Nov 2010.

1. aznix2020

aznix2020 What's a Dremel?

Hi guys, I really need your opinion/advice here.

I tried to use Windows 7 x64 recently and I notice that my core temp reaches 47'c just in normal usage which I think is really high since it was only around 29 - 33'c when I use Win XPpro sp3. (29-33'c is I think the normal temp here cuz I notice that in other pc as well) I'm in the Philippines so room temp would be around 30'c.

What's the normal Temp of AMD Athlon II X2 245regor?
    and is it really normal to reach 47'c in windows 7? Because I'm planning to use this pc to edit video and I think it would reach 50'c if I do that.

Here's SpeedFan, Specy and CPUID readings

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I notice CPUID -TMPIN1,2/SpeedFan Temp 2,3 is really too high but it was always like that (stuck @ 127) and I really don't know where that temp is coming from.

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Don't use core temp; use the hotter socket temp. Temp1 I think for you. Temp2 and 3 are a bit messed up!

You should be able to browse AMD's website for the max temp for your CPU, cba to look tbh.

3. aznix2020

What's that?

Problem is, I don't see my AMD product in AMD's list of core temp... I found AMD 245 there but it's not "regor" (the name of my product version) and it says its max temp is only 65... so having 47 is I think pretty hot.

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

The Idle temps are no to bad considering the ambient temps that you've got and what you have to remember is that you'll never get below room temps so 33 is ok.

5. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

What cooler & thermal paste are you using, and case/ case fans?

6. Deders

Deders Modder

Is it a Brisbane core? the temps in those can be notoriously innacurate

7. aznix2020

I think ive solve it... It seems that my CPU is taking heavy loads from Win7 x64. cuz with xp it hovers in 33 +/-. how ever in AMDs website it says my core is x64 bit ready so its annoying that it has high temp using win7 x64.

im using Stock fan in core
    an exhaust to the back and intake in side panel...

about the thermal paste, ive detached the core week/s ago to try to clean it and i couldnt find any good thermal paste other than what we have here in my town which they say is Silicon Compound.

P.S: i bought this pc in july 2010... and i found that most (if not all) of its parts (hardware/software) is 2010 series.

what do u think, should i use win7 of just xp?

8. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

50 C is nothing to worry about really.

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Its not excessively hot, given the ambient temps- a nicer cooler for the cpu would drop the temp several degrees, depends how much you want to spend/ if you really feel the need.. ( titan fenrir is great value & performance :D )

10. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

11. aznix2020

if 65 is its max temp... then i guess i should be worried if its already 50... right now i just installed win7 32bit and i already notice that its a little higher than xp... but unlike win7 64bit, its much lower... xp is only 30-33 but win7 32bit im hovering now @ 35...

unfortunately, i dont think we have any good thermal paste here and cooling fans that actually works is almost as costly as a RAM... and i really cant afford it