1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Custom PC & Bit-tech Award Winners Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 18 Nov 2010.

1. marone

marone What's a Dremel?

Am I right in my belief that Scan are the 'preferred partner' of CPC/Bit-Tech... call me sceptical!

Not to say I don't believe they deserve it though, the one or two times I've dealt with Scan it's always been smooth. But then I've never needed to return anything as yet so I couldn't comment on the RMA side of things.

2. devilxc

devilxc Biding my time...

I am quite shocked that people accuse Bit-tech of what is essentially fraud...

The votes do represent what the readers experience.
    I've had bad experiences with ebuyer and newegg isn't British so most people will not have bought from them.

Scan have always been a great retailer; RMA has always been quick for me, expecially if you go into the store itself.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've used Scan a fair bit and had a mobo RMA'd with no quibble.
    No company can get it 100% right everytime.

4. dispie

dispie What's a Dremel?

Asus as best mainboard ok, maybe 5 years ago wen the did not come broken out of the box like they do lately.

Gigabyte mainboards only in the pc i build just more for your money and better site and driver support

Crosair mem and PSU check

5. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I have RMA'd stuff to both Scan and Ebuyer. Ebuyer are better at it.

Anyone who remembers that problem I was having with that Gigabyte mobo a week or so back? Well, they just got around to picking the damn thing up a couple of hours ago. I don't have a problem with them occasionally shipping a lemon, fine, it's inevitable. Their reaction to it, though, is deeply, deeply shabby.

P

6. multisync666

multisync666 What's a Dremel?

Scan you must be joking

7. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Cool first post.

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

WOW Bit-Tech some of those companies must have thrown A LOT of money your way to get an award....

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Are you really so cynical as to believe that or are you just complaining that other people don't share your views on who should have won? :eyebrow:

I've noticed a lot of hating on Bit going around lately and I really don't get it.

10. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well for starters DELL come on that has to scream pay off, considering what they listed as its competition that a monitor would beat out such hardware as the SR2, besides that monitor that won isnt even manufactured by DELL, its just Dell Branded.. and EA winning because of a rendering engine? oh and what about Scan was this a UK only event because those other companies are "world wide" but was the retailer limited to the UK? I mean if that was the case sure but if it wasnt there are many such as NewEgg that would beat out Scan. I think some of the winners picked here were in an attempt to not lose out some cash flow from advertisers...

11. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

You seem to forget that this is a site and pc magazine that are based in the UK. Most of those voting are in the UK.

Also why can't people understand simple English? Here I'll quote it so you don't have to look for it.

Bit tech aren't in the business of fixing results or lieing to there customers. They wouldn't be the company they are now if they did. Any who think otherwise must be very jaded and cynical, and also prone to believing/hearing what they want, rather than what is actually there.

12. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

congrats all

13. samuelmorris

samuelmorris What's a Dremel?

In order:
    Motherboards: Asus - features maybe. I just wish reviewers would consider reliability for once, for which Asus sit rock bottom.
    Graphics: Sapphire - See above. They may be innovative, but for build quality Sapphire is as bad as it gets.
    Memory: Corsair - I can agree with that one, at least.
    PSUs: Corsair - Actually no. Last year, I'd be happy with that. But the dreadful CX430 has tainted Corsair's heretofore immaculate reputation.
    PCs: Asus - see re:motherboards. This is poor, to the extent I wonder if this has been votespammed.
    Retailer: Scan - for prices maybe, but for RMAs? Really no, there are far better retailers for warranty service, almost any UK retailer is in fact.
    Cooling: Coolermaster - Despite their title, I actually dispute this one too. Decent cases, but only once you've modified them with actually useful fans.
    Modding: Thermaltake beating Dremel, for modding. Now you know this is a troll.
    Breakthrough: Xigmatek. Hmm, maybe...
    Games: Activision Blizzard - LOL! I wonder how much Kotick paid Bit-tech for that one?
    Innovation: EA - Well despite no innovations from EA at all, I'm still glad they took the place ahead of Fermi.
    Elite hardware: Dell - To be honest, I think I'd rather have seen EVGA win it.

This has dropped bit-tech and customPC well down the credibility table.

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

:rolleyes:

It's based on a vote.

15. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I know that Bit's been basing their awards on votes for a couple of years, but given how ignorant so many forum members seem to be of this fact, may I suggest next time at the top of the first page in firey red letters it says:

"It's user voted you fools!"

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

IT IS USER VOTED

17. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i'll post my experience with them:

Motherboards: Asus - fantastic motherboard, rock solid and zero issues.
    Graphics: Sapphire - owned an old X1650pro, still running to this day. but for next card, i'll be buying Asus.
    Memory: Corsair - totally agree
    PSUs: Corsair - again, totally agree. but i would personally pick Seasonic builds out of all of Corsair lines. (eyeing up AX850, Seasonic built, 80+ Gold)
    Retailer and RMA: Scan - fantastic retailer, but not can be a bit expensive. RMA is excellent, HDD turn around time was 4 days between me posting and me receiving.
    Cooling: Coolermaster - never owned one. personally prefer Thermalright.
    Best Modding Manufacturer: Thermaltake - their stuff feels cheap, personal preference.
    Breakthrough: Xigmatek. don't know, Fractual Design are much better.
    Games: Activision Blizzard - Valve should have won without doubt
    Innovation: EA - innovation from EA? thanks for making my day.
    Elite hardware: Dell U2711 - Best. Monitor. Ever! it's the best investment i've made on my computer hardware. it's one for the history books, up there better than legendary 8800GTX and Q6600. (which i also had)

green is i totally support. and brown is i personally prefer one of runner's up.

don't know why people say Dell monitor is not justified. It is not rebranded OEM, this is designed from ground up, no other 27inch have the same feature set as this Dell monitor, the NEC have less connectors and different electronics, Apple one have different backlight, and other 27inch are low resolution. you have to use it to believe how good it is, and you can have it for about 2/3 of a 30inch. it's the best value for money bit of hardware you can buy.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

No wonder Americans find it so hard to grasp democracy.

19. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

ITS USER VOTED!!!

This has dropped your IQ to the level of IDIOT

Baz likes this.
  20. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

Oi - Where's my award?

Tags: Add Tags