1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone TJ11 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Nov 2010.

1. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Right side panel ruins it.

2. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I kind of like the case styling but I'm not 100% sure about it, something just seems a little bit off, you know? The feature list would be enough for me to put up with it but the price is a deal breaker :jawdrop:

3. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Hmmm a good case with some excellent features, not sure about the mainboard tray allignment or those fans inside.
    Dont think it will replace the TJ07 as the WC daddy either, because there's no real advantage over it, a 120x4 will fit in a TJ07 with out a problem too and is a lot cheaper, wont be changing mine for one anyway.
    Good but not good enough.

4. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Can't wait to see some nice UV / LED liquid cooled systems in this new case. I love my TJ07B. :)

That is pretty: [​IMG]

I make use of all my 7 bays in my TJ07B. If you are watercooling you need to move the hard drives from the bottom chamber to fit a radiator down there so 5 of my hard drives take up 4 bottom bays (4 drives in a SilverStone fan bay converter in pic below and 1 using antivibration mount in it's own bay above), then above those are Scythe LCD fan controller, then bay reservoir, and finally DVDR in the top slot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

Yep... I find it quite beautiful, but at $700 I'll get a TJ07 and be well on my way to getting the rest of my WCing gear with the money saved...
    Still; If I ever come into a large chunk of cash... There will be one of these sitting pretty in my office.

6. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Yes it does, otherwise it looks good, but not as good as the TJ07 which is just a tragedy to be honest!

It really is amazing that none of the manufacturers have taken a note from the design book of Mick64's mockup over at Xtremesystems. Dual radiator zones, multiple HDD bay mounting options, PSU mounting options, IO input, pwr & rst button mounting options, reservioir mounting options...the list goes on!

Mick has simply taken all of the input from anyone with something constructive to add and created something which can almost undeniably be called the ultimate case.

Hope he wins the case design competition!

7. stn

stn What's a Dremel?

Looks very good! Only expensive!

8. t1alek

t1alek Mind modder.

The styling is not too bad, just get rid of the window, but.. it's not at all a case of my taste. I am more of a FT-03 kinda guy.

Guest-16 likes this.
  9. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Was thinking I had a candidate for my next build (at the rate of a build every 3 or 4 years). I have been looking out for one ever since I put this together.

Shame the price is so ridiculous. For that amount I could buy a top end motherboard, CPU and RAM when Sandy Bridge hits. It's a stupid amount to spend on a case, premium OEM or not.

10. Earthmonger

Earthmonger Gnarled Old Tree

To be honest, I never liked the TJ07. Not surprising then that I find the TJ11 just as horrid to look at. The Fortress 02 on the other hand, I did like. $700? So what. Costs the same as a top of the line GPU, but will long outlive it. Where's the issue? $700 is getting close to custom money though, and Silverstone's stamped-out special just can't compete with a custom case.

My issue is only that it's ugly. I respect Silverstone for staying true with aluminum designs over cheap-arsed steel and plastic though. (Ya'll can keep your crappy 800Ds.) Just wish their current lineup weren't so 'off' aesthetically.

11. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

I would like to see one in the flesh first,

however from pics, even though i believe its ally, it looks so tacky and plasticky looking.

front is ugly and boring as hell, price too high, but understandable as alot of work prob has gone into this, even if it was wasted time.

Last pc i did in the tj09 as i didnt like the tj07, but this one is a miss for me (although i dont need a case).

12. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

Yes it's all black, yes it's enormous - but it's too chaotic and messy.
    I think it should be more subtle and also what about the coloured and messy cables inside?

For that price tag I would expect them to be braided or black at least (hints as Corsair's Obsidian)

13. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Way too many drive bays, they really could have better use or at least make some room. Who has nine DVD drives? I do hope this will be in Scan's 2010 dream PC.

14. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

1st and 2nd part of the article: <3
    3rd part of the article < / 3

:waah:

15. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Thanks but no thanks

I'll stick with the TJ07... :thumb:

Simple as that

16. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight What's a Dremel?

17. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

huh I like it, wouldnt pay that much for it.

18. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

19. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

I disliked the TJ07's design, but this I love.

I'd even spend all the money on an insane SR-2 rig just for this.

:D

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It won't handle an SR-2, only XL-ATX. I thought it did but it was a misunderstanding at what Silverstone said, so I removed it from the text :)

Tags: Add Tags