1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows To buy Assassins Creed 2 or not?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GregTheRotter, 22 Nov 2010.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Ok, so my internet works for 80% of the time. I hardly ever get kicked out while using it. Should I buy it? I mean as a game it's meant to be good fun. Any thoughts??

2. rees263

rees263 What's a Dremel?

As a game I would absolutely recommend it. If you played AC1 it's basically just more of the same but better and less repetetive.

However, I played the game on PS3 so didn't have to put up with that awful Ubisoft DRM. For a lot of people (myself included) that would be a deal breaker. Constant internet connection? Get real Ubisoft. I don't like the idea that my enjoyment of the game would be based on how lucky I am with my internet connection. If you are confident that your connection won't be an issue then the DRM isn't much worse than some others out there. That's a pretty big 'if' though. Good luck if you decide to go for it.

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I refuse to give them my money out of principle, no matter how cheap it gets.
    A shame too, as I liked AC and I think I'd enjoy AC2 but I won't put up with that ******** from Ubisoft when I'm one of the minority fools who pays for every game he plays. :sigh:

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Absolutely!
    If you liked AC1, there's really no reason you wouldn't like AC2. I'm currently playing through it on my PS3, and I'm taking my time to acquire all the glyphs and secrets. It is, in my opinion, a very good and rewarding game. I plan on getting Brotherhood as well when I'm finished with AC2.

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Definitly buy it, Yes we know all about the Ubisoft BS blah blah I've not had any problems from it.

Its a great game way better than AC1 so good I've played it 4 times and have pre-ordered the Brotherhood.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

based on my experience with HAWX 2 Ubisoft DRM, don't buy it. it's horrible, takes 2 minutes to go through the DRM every time launching the game, and HAWX 2 even crashed once because my network dropped.

don't buy it. not woth the trouble.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Hmm, I haven't played AC1. I just figured I'd go straight in to 2. I'll wait till it goes down to around £10. Will probably go for it, eventually.

8. Threefiguremini

Threefiguremini What's a Dremel?

It's £9.99 on amazon at the moment and you can pick up the first one for less than a fiver too

9. Teelzebub

Dont bother with AC1 I found it too repetitive and not needed to get into AC2

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

No, if you buy that game on PC you're supporting their DRM.

11. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

And if you buy it on console instead you're strengthening the whiny claims from publishers about PC games sales dropping. If they don't have the console numbers to compare to, they can't whine.

Not that a single sale alone will make a difference there; but that's my reasoning for refusing to support Ubisoft whatsoever since their introduction of that DRM.

12. Teelzebub

Its a great game not buying it because of the DRM BS is a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I enjoyed the game and really cant be bothered with all dont buy it because of this and that.

Make your own mind up.

13. St3v30

St3v30 What's a Dremel?

The game is great and has a lot of secrets and what not. I would recommend it. If you have problems with the DRM then there are hacks out there to work around it. As long as you purchase it I don't see a problem with that. :)

14. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

It's a matter of principle. The only recourse we have as customers against shitty decisions like those made by Ubisoft is to vote with our wallets. If having strong enough principles to neither pirate the game nor give my money to a company that treats me like a pirate means not getting to play a game I'd enjoy then so be it.

The very problem with the modern games industry is that we're all too quick to give our money to companies who have no respect for us, or to steal from developers we have no respect for. And what do we get out of that? Publishers abandoning PC gaming and developers pandering to the console mass-market instead.

Throwing our money at companies who don't deserve it and who treat us like criminals - That is cutting off our own noses.

15. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I enjoyed it a lot, however in terms of practicality, if your internet is iffy, it might not be worth it.

The only problems I had (re: DRM) were when the servers were down for a few hours shortly after release.

16. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I've just recently started playing the first one and am really enjoying it. The only problem I have with it so far is this:

I like that it is clearly story-based, and quite an interesting avatar-style story-telling at that, but what I don't like is how long it takes to tell me the story. I seem to spend ages just stood there listening to someone bore on about something when what I want to be doing is climbing and leaping from buildings and knifing dirty *******s. I don't mind listening to the next piece of the plot, but they really drag it out.

How does ACII perform in this regard?

17. Teelzebub

Its a way better game in every way I couldn't bring myself to finish AC1 and while there is some anoying bits in AC2 like the skill learning bits there's a lot less chat in it and a lot more fun than AC1.

18. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Get it!!! Even if you can only play it 80% of the time. I got this the otherday when it was £7.99 to download. I got home earlier and i thought i should give it a go. It now over 3 hours later and i still want to continue but i have to go to bed!

19. Threefiguremini

Threefiguremini What's a Dremel?

Gah this game is doing my head in. Thought it wouldn't be too much of a bother since my internet is always on anyway but sweet Jesus. I've been trying to start the singleplayer game for about 20 minutes now. It keeps saying it can't connect to the internet despite my connection being fine. I'm using it right now to type this. Sorely tempted to get this game running by less legal methods I paid them for something I can't even use at the moment.

20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Buy it and then grab the online crack that works around the DRM.

There problem solved.