1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Custom PC & Bit-tech Award Winners Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 18 Nov 2010.

1. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

tbf i was talking to him about it and linked him to it, saying i was surprised sapphire won with their reputation :p so he probably just skipped the article and took my word without considering whether it was a vote or not so no need to bite his head off!

Maybe it should be called bit-tech reader's choice awards :p

2. samuelmorris

samuelmorris What's a Dremel?

Good lord that provoked some spam.
    Misworded my post there somewhat, I should have said 'bit-tech polls' - I'm well aware it's user voted, I was one of the votes!

3. samuelmorris

Quote of the day. Because IQ is measured in words right?
    and I thought other forums were full of tards.

4. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Can be measured in the reading comprehesion :)

ofc I just went troll on you because in your post you decided to attack he site without any base.. and yes, i didnt thought about the possibility of you misswording your post.. its just that you missworded it on a critical spot :S

5. PaulM@Scan

PaulM@Scan Retail Sales Supervisor

Scan have no input into the awards presented by Bit-Tech & Custom PC this is user voted. We are part of the partner forums which we use as a point of contact and care between our customers or potential customers who want either technical advice or wish to stress their issues with current orders. You might ask why are we part of forums such as Bit-Tech when we have ample methods of contact through our own site, the answer to that is we have nothing to hide and believe being as open a possible will show how committed we are to customer service. As most of the people who visit Bit-Tech are followers of computer hardware we also thought as a gesture and thank you to taking part in our forums we would introduce free delivery for forum members, a lot of the time we do not have the answers or the time to update the forum as regular as possible we find some of the queries are solved by the members themselves we appreciate this which is another great reason to be so open about our aftercare.

I would again like to stress the awards are user voted we have a very high standard of completed orders and on time deliveries including a good percentage of quick RMA completions.

Best Regards

6. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I just wish websites would stop doing these stupid awards. It's only useful for marketing people and a few journalists so they can get out of their caves and eat in a fancy hotel for the handing out of phallus symbols.

Meanwhile, the decision is taken in the most useless, impractical, unfair, corruptable, untransparent way possible: voting. Oh jolly, we all get a say in it. that means my father (calls me up to ask where in the start menu he should type the h-h-t-b-italic capital L-etc adress) his opinion is just as valued as mine (live on these forums, work for a company named in this thread). Besides, even IF all users made an informed decision, the winning companies still wouldn't know what it was they did right.

The absolute worst part about these stierscheisse awards though, is all the spam it generates. Almost every involved company sends you mail, puts up banners, adds paragraphs in emails to nag you to vote for them.
    And for what? it's not like the community gets anything out of it.

7. samuelmorris

paisa666: Well, I didn't attack the site per-se, but I disagreed with the award, only on the basis of RMAs.
    None of the people I know, myself included, have anywhere near the average levels of success Scan quote with their statistics, but their service isn't that bad, else I wouldn't still be buying from them. I do wish they would implement more rapid stockchecks, as orders that say items are in stock falsely tend to get cancelled with no word as to why, you have to do the groundwork yourself.
    The partner forums for customer care are a supplement, but not a replacement for traditional contact methods as often threads are ignored until they are bumped, sometimes several times. Meanwhile another retailer that also uses these forums responded to a query I posted here at bit-tech in less than 5 minutes, at 1am. Well above and beyond the call of duty. I simply assume Scan have too high a workload to take on all queries in the forum. Their bottom of the class next day delivery cutoff highlights this.
    Credit where it's due, the people who work for Scan seem to work very hard, but it seems like there's not enough of them.

8. ChrisP

ChrisP Retail Sales Manager

samuelmorris

You are entitled to your opinion as are the thousands of other people who complete these surveys. Because the end result doesn't match your personal opinion, isn't to say it is wrong. Awards are not run for the individual but are based on ALL of the feedback received. … I am sure you had your say, which these awards are run to provide :)....

We are not perfect but we are always improving, when there are issues they are quickly resolved, mostly off the forum, we then see posts raised here to question the outcome or of course to seek resolution to a problem, which has not been resolved already. I have no inclination to " nit pick " isolated threads, which may have had to have been bumped or to dissect the times posts have been made, more often than not they are responded to and resolved quickly.

(I can see posts made by SCAN in the early hours, and plenty in less that 5 minutes as well but let's not go there )

Let's move on to the next day delivery...

Regarding cut off points, you mean E Buyer?, they offer a next day service for order placed up too 11pm, a PREMIUM service you pay extra for, because it's premium not many people opt for it, therefore making it fairly easy to ship these order's next day, this service costs £ 9.99 + VAT.

We would rather offer a next day service as STANDARD, this means the majority of our orders fall under this category, which is why we have a cut off point, we charge £7.99 + VAT for this service ( much cheaper than the Premium next day service offered above ), E-buyer's equivalent service is 3 Working Days @ £ 5.99 + VAT.

Not to mention the FREE NEXT DAY service we offer.

We genuinely believe we offer a good service at a good price, we have won awards for our service, issues will happen but are isolated and quickly resolved.

Regards

9. ChrisP

ChrisP Retail Sales Manager

*not required"

10. wesleyaldred

wesleyaldred Manager

Lockon Stratos In the interst of Customer Service and trying to look at turning this opinion around, I have PM'd you twice now for some further information, be fair with us, if your feelings are so strong at least let me look into this matter for you.

Wesley

11. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

apologies - I havent been able to log in for a while due to all the building work currently being done on my house - but I have replied to your PM.

thanks

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

This is all good and well but WHO WON THE PRIZES!!!! :)

13. wesleyaldred

wesleyaldred Manager

Lockon Stratos

Thank You for bringing the information to my attention and giving me the opportunity to review the whole circumstances surrounding your experience.

The main point in your communication seemed to be "It took ages for me to get my parts returned"

I have looked into this and would like to reply as follows:

Returned goods were received by Scan on 19/05/2009.

The returned goods were a Graphics Card and & Motherboard

We invoiced and replaced the graphics card separately to the motherboard following your request, although normally all replacement goods would be shipped together when in stock.

The graphics card was processed and shipped 01/06/09, 8 working days following receipt of goods, this is 2 days quicker than our average quoted turnaround times of 10 working days.

The motherboard was then invoiced later when stock arrived and shipped on 08/06/09, 13 working days following receipt of goods, this is 3 days longer than our average quoted turnaround times of 10 working days, however, you were aware of the stock delay on this item.

Overall I don't think the story is that bad and we even shipped twice for you as a gesture getting the graphics card back as requested earlier because that was in stock.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2010
  14. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

Just a little follow up - Wes has now credited my account with £23 which wasnt refunded by SCAN staff which i was promised despite numerous emails, letters and phone calls - the matter has now been resolved. so thank you very much for your help Wes.

15. Xunsu

Xunsu What's a Dremel?

i have used scan before years ago, most of my stuff is from OCuk through, I ve never had to rma other than to microdirect which was a OCZ powersupply.

I think Bit tech should have done honable mentions to be honest as other manufactors have done alot this year
    MSI,ASrock

also I think their should have been a audio part as well ( which probley would be asus with the xonar) with corsiar as honable mention

bigest breakthrough...hmm I think NZXT with the phantom

Tags: Add Tags