1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Google earth

Discussion in 'Software' started by supaste, 26 Nov 2010.

1. supaste

supaste What's a Dremel?

Hi can anyone think of a way of creating uniform screen shots in google earth or google maps which can be stitched together?

2. Gryphon

Gryphon What's a Dremel?

No, but if its just the map you want, open street maps have an export option, which is nice and easy to use.

3. supaste

supaste What's a Dremel?

It seems like a pretty good service but it's not what I'm after. I want satellite imagery like Google earth where I can zoom in take a screen shot which is square then move to the square adjacent to it and take another screen shot. Allowing me to trace or 'rotoscopy' the image in a 3D modelling program.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

can use the snippingtool.exe in windows\system32 and then mspaint it all together.. a program like snagit is perfect for this as you can have it capture a certain area like the snipping tool but it remembers the area you selected- then autohotkey a script to automate it all.. or even vbscript sendkeys with appactivate "window title" to switch back and forth between capture and moving to the next location

5. supaste

supaste What's a Dremel?

Ideally I want to be able to put some sort of grid layer over google earth with the grid squares about 500m each then just save those grid squares as images.