1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Video editing software advice

Discussion in 'Software' started by leveller, 3 Nov 2010.

1. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

In brief, I want to put together my next holiday video/photo collection using my windows pc instead of my Mac. My pc is much better powered and now my videos are getting longer and more involved I need that extra power. I may update to a beefy iMac at a later date but for the moment this is my plan.

What software should I get? I would really like software like my iMovie package that contains transitions, text etc and is just as easy to use. I don't fancy spending ages learning a technical package. On the other hand I don't want to create home movies that wouldn't look out of place on an old geocities homestead page (if you get my meaning!).

All advice from you tech-heads appreciated!

2. Daedelus

Daedelus What's a Dremel?

Windows Movie Maker will do the job.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

4. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

5. chittes

chittes What's a Dremel?

Aye, either Windows Movie Maker, or if you wanted to pay for something with a little more functionality, then perhaps Magix Movie Edit Pro (there's a review of v16 here - and you can pick it up for a fair bit less than retail at Amazon or similar).

6. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Thanks for the advice guys. I've strung together my latest movie using Win Movie Maker. It's 'ok' at the job, lacks quite a lot of iMovie's features but still capable of a simple movie with simple captions.

I've now got my eye on that Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus, noting that it does AVCHD and 3D.

7. roarke80

roarke80 What's a Dremel?

What about Premiere Elements?