1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Na'ir al Saif by Attila Lukacs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 26 Nov 2010.

1. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Thank you everyone for the comments and kind words, I'm chuffed that you like it. :)

To answer the couple of questions I could see:
    As was mentioned in the article and the worklog, I was in the process of making a backplate,
    first with just a cardboard model. It soon became apparent that to maintain good airflow
    through the case this backplate needed to be very thin and flimsy, so it was just left open.
    As far as I can tell this doesn't detract from the overall design, particularly as the part was
    going to be made from clear plex.

What happens with these projects? Well I use the latest one as my everyday PC.
    Na'ir al Saif is, and will be sitting on my desk until something new is finished. Though that
    wont be the next one because the next project will be to make a very small HTPC.
    Cygnus X1 is wrapped up and put away and Dual PC MK III was sold a long time ago.
    I should add that I don't build these things to own them, I build them, well, just to build them.:hehe:

Thanks again everyone. :thumb:

Last edited: 27 Nov 2010
  2. Addie

Addie What's a Dremel?

Simply stunning!

3. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

........................ <- well thats the best i can say.

truly... truly............

thumbs up, Attila.

4. tozsam

tozsam What's a Dremel?

This sounds really cool. Custom PC/Bit-tech take note, it's the future I've tasted it.

Nobody else should even bother entering mod of the year, this case... I do not have the vocab to elaborate.

5. triprunner

triprunner What's a Dremel?

simple, clean, smart, stylish design, this guy should be in charge of new case designs in Antec/Coolermaster/Lian Li etc...

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I have a glass desk with a suspended PC shelf, just imagining that thing sat in it is making me do little sex wees in my pj's.

If any manufacturer wants to make something as well built and stylish as this please do, i'll have three.

I can see why you left the back plate blank, its too small to fit a fan and a piece of plexi would mess up the airflow. Is dust looking like a problem? I'd hate it to gunge up the plexi and make it look bleurgh.

i'll bet you feel like this:

This was a triumph.
    I'm making a note here:
    HUGE SUCCESS.
    It's hard to overstate
    My satisfaction.

7. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

This Masterpiece is another stunning creation from Atilla, who in my mind is one of the most talented conceptual designer/builders i have seen for a long time, his work is consistently raising the bar on what is possible within home built projects. His level of attention to detail is almost Physcotic not to mention his skill at professional photography, a truly awesome build by a very seriously impressive conceptual designer.

Cygnus X1 was the genesis project in what is considered by myself to be "The first ever true heirloom PC", my belief is Na'ir al Saif is of equal repute ......simply stunning Atilla............Bravo!

8. Invectus

Invectus What's a Dremel?

top build

9. glan

glan What's a Dremel?

That is not only the most beautiful PC I have ever seen...but also one of the most beautiful creations I have seen for a long time. I am an Architect and I see great craftsmanship frequently, but this is just mind boggling.

10. 1-0-1

1-0-1 Nothing interesting to put here.

This cannot be called "modding" anymore - this would be engineering. This is a work of art and ingenuity.

11. Luay

Luay What's a Dremel?

Na'ir al Saif, is that Arabic for "Sound of the blade"? Sorry if it's mentioned somewhere but is it?

12. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

Airflow will NOT be a problem!

13. CMW

CMW PermaFlabberGasted

Utterly beautiful. All the superlatives have ben used...
    I am willing to take very good care of Cygnus for you, should not be unused! *Tears*

14. GameTraveler

GameTraveler What's a Dremel?

Stunning mod. More than just impressive with clean lines. As complex as the design and build was, the final result carries a simple and industrial aesthetic.

15. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Thanks a lot everyone. :thumb:

@ [PUNK] crompers It's been running for some weeks now and it still looks clean. Having
    said that though, it will need regular cleaning.

@ Luay The translation I like (and the reason I chose the name) is 'bright one of the
    sword'.

16. Sarthurn

Sarthurn What's a Dremel?

It is truly one of the finest MODs ever, but one question... where is the CD/DVD drive? Makes installation of stuff a tad annoying...

17. GameTraveler

GameTraveler What's a Dremel?

With bootable USB drives and digital downloads a possible preferred method, not all installations use that media. If anything, he could just plug in a usb dvd drive or just plug one in to the motherboard during the first install, and unplug it after to keep the clean lines.

Details, details, details.... :idea:

18. 0rbibital

0rbibital What's a Dremel? Stop asking that!!

love it

Tags: Add Tags