1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ASRock partners with Fatal1ty

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Dec 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

There are many nice features on the board (and Mr. Wendell isn't one of them) but at the end of the day it's still an ASRock board. If you can afford the money for a premium board go for a premium brand as well.

3. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

Has anyone noticed how the picture of Mr Wendell on the box looks more like he would in a Hollywood biographical movie of his life, rather his real one?

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

hey he games and gets sponsored for a living.. who's laughing now

all the money is in entertainment.. my dad told me that since I was a kid and I never listened

the board looks nice (and expensive)

5. IXON

IXON What's a Dremel?

I remember not to long ago when Asrock just made cheap mobo's that just worked & were sold in small computer shops and dodgy computer fairs, since ASUS got hold of them they have gone up in the world, basically Skoda of the computer world.

6. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I'm gonna get me one of those USB ports and dominate the competitive gaming world!

Last edited: 2 Dec 2010
  7. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

I want fatal1ty cable zip so my cable management is so killer I can powne everyone. Seriously I just brand spend more time and money on having the best board quality for the cheapest price instead of buying expensive sponsorship for selling expensively mobo, that would be cheaper without the crappy logo in the top end corner.

8. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

ASRock has always been part of ASUS and until they went retail they have been producing boards for the OEM market.

9. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Asrock are just asus boards? nothing wrong with them then

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i met the guy once, hes a cock. so i spent more on my x-fi to get the elite pro to avoid his pathetic F symbol glowing in my chassis.

11. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Any idea on what other boards will be coming with UEFI? Seems the main (only?) reason to buy this one!

12. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Bit too much flavor to my liking. I wonder how much of a price premium this is gonna have.

So it was an instant sword fight then?

13. bagman

bagman Minimodder

well hopefully this asrock board will perform a lot better they have got a lot better in recent times but are still not quite up to the same standard as the other big brands

14. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede What's a Dremel?

You lot do know that Asus and Assrock are no longer part of the same company right?
    Asus is, well Asus and Assrock is part of Pegatron who is no longer a part of Asus...
    This is why Assrock is trying to be less sucky and is doing stuff like this to try and improve its image in the motherboard world.

15. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede What's a Dremel?

That might be a bit ott, but I'll agree that he's not the smartest or most interesting person to talk to I've ever meet... actually, he's outright boring :D

16. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

It's ridiculous to even have this guys name on a box - save your money ASROck and invest in better design and manufacturing instead.

17. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

18. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Assrock... how amusing.

I've owned ASRock motherboards in the past and they never gave me any problems. They cost less to buy because they are often built with slightly older, but cheaper, chipsets and may have some high end features missing. For most users there is absolutely no difference between an ASRock board, Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS etc.

So far the only reason people give for hating ASRock is price. Just because something is cheaper doesn't mean it's worse than a premium branded product.

I believe at the end of the day people hating on ASRock are just snobs who think spending £200 on a motherboard increases your e-peen size.

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I wanna be cool like Jonathan 'Fatal1ty' Wendell, and buying this is gonna make my dream come true.

20. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

Everyone with a non-ghetto mouse driver has an overclocked USB port - go away wendel.

Tags: Add Tags