1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fractal Design Arc Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Dec 2010.

1. stupido

stupido What's a Dremel?

To add to my previous comment, it would be interesting to see mini-ITX case capable of accepting H50 or even H70 - that would be a extremely interesting case having in mind that there are already nice ITX boards that can accept performance oriented CPUs with PCIe x16 (and more coming)...
    That would be ultimate SFF gaming/HTPC rig :)

2. Fractal Design

Fractal Design What's a Dremel?

Thank you, I already feel very welcome here :)

1. Probably, not 100% sure yet though, 3x of the fan mounts will be filled, all with 140mm fans.
    2. I'm not really sure what you mean, but if you refer to the feature we have on the Define, the ModuVent, in which you can "close" fan mounts that are not used, that will not be included in the Arc.

3. Fractal Design

Fractal Design What's a Dremel?

Stay tuned, that will be released quite soon :)

4. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

Just incase you mised an inqury, is there going to be dust filters for the side panels and if possilbe could you sub one of the USB 2.0 ports for a second USB 3.0 one if by any chance?

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

And would you ever be able to buy them as an extra? Just a though.:D

6. Lord-Vale3

Lord-Vale3 His Tremendousness

Oh boy, Antec had better do real well with the P184, or Fractal Design might just get my money when I build a new rig in 3 years if they keep this up. Very nice looking case.

7. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight What's a Dremel?

Why would you be looking at cases now for a build in three years time? it would be a better idea to buy a case released in 2013, if you were buying a case now you wouldn't look and see what was released in 2007.

8. jalex3

jalex3 What's a Dremel?

tbh, I really think that an option for aluminim top and front, with a drive cover like lian would be great for this. I would like to know what the top fan mounts are 140/180/120??????

9. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

As I mentioned earlier, but now a bit more clear and maybe Fractal does listen, once they're here...

What you guys should do is a nice mini-ITX case, especially with SandyBridge and Llano out next year. SFF is where the money is in the next years, as 90% of all users don't need dedicated GPUs anyways for what they do with a PC.

10. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

Maybe he wants to plan ahead ;)?

11. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I'll safely say that Fractal Design cases have never really appealed...

Until now :D

I like, I really do, I was in the process of designing a scratch build and the concept was basically this! :thumb:

When did you say they would be available in the UK?

12. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

Looks really cool!

13. lenne0815

lenne0815 What has been seen cannot be unseen

I think its gorgeous, i really like the design approach with the large wents, many manufacturers try to somehow incorporate them into a giving design idea, which will always be distracting and unsolved looking.
    By making the vents the main concept of the looks a really clean and appealing case comes out, even though the side vent obviously should be recessed like the top and front vents.
    Only other thing i would change is giving the logo a white background, thats how much i like this case :D

14. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Hi FD,

I really like the design of this case, and the price point. It seems to carry many design features that have been the reserve of higher priced cases; cable management, quick release hard drives, black interior etc. Are the top drive cages removable to allow for longer cards or better air-flow? Also, when is this case expected to be released?
    :D

15. Konias

Konias What's a Dremel?

Grat looking case. But its too big for my taste. So Im realy gleadly to hear about new microATX case. I dont understand, why new "gaming" microATX cases like NZXT Vulcan, InWin Dragon slayer or Lian Li PC-A04 or V354 did not support 12cm outtake fan. So its impossible to use water coolink kit like Corsair H50/70 etc.

New miniITX case for gamers will be rely great idea too.

16. Lord-Vale3

Lord-Vale3 His Tremendousness

I'm not. Like I said, if Fractal Design keeps this kind of stuff up, and if whatever Antecs refresh of their Performance One line (most likely a P184) doesnt improve the series enough (needs a CPU backplate cut out, needs to support WC, etc), then 3 years from now Fractal will have better cases, and my money will go to them.

I like their cases with their classy understated looks, yet with the ability to host some BA hardware inside. I like my machines to be powerful, but not flashy, and this case has that capability. :rock:

17. iancook221188

iancook221188 What's a Dremel?

hello fractal design i really like the look of this case, it is great to see this case developing and to be able in some way contribute to it development .

is there any way you could fit an 8th expansion slot in there most case don't seem to get one but a lot of the motherboards out like the gigabytes have a 16x in the 7th slot making it hard to fit another graphic card in, so many cases could come with one but they don't put one in, is there any was you could fit another in your case?

i would like to know how you are going to put the fan controller in and how many channel you are thinking of having, are you thinking of having extra channel for the extra fan placements??

18. AkIRA_22

AkIRA_22 What's a Dremel?

Oh man, I'm excited now. My Antec P180mini is starting to get old I need some new uATX hotness and something in the ARC design would be perfect. Plus nice work including 140mm fans, it should be standard.

19. Shevce_24

Shevce_24 What's a Dremel?

What have been done to keep it quiet ? Will it be quite as R3 ? Any new innovations compare to R3 ? Or main focus is cooling and this case wont have "quite" features ?

Thank you.! Keep a good work.

20. Saltire35

Saltire35 Drunken Scotsman

I love this case... Just to confirm, will there be 2 x 140mm on the front, 3 x 140mm up top and 1 x 140mm rear ?

Also, imo to make this case perfect is offer an optional (or included) window panel... not a stupid one like other manufactures do.. one with the window is the approx size of the motherboard.

Just my tuppence worth... Would happily pay just short of £100 including the window panel for this if the spec is correct ?????

Tags: Add Tags