1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo:duh:

Seriously, you have to question the ability of the decision makers, and the muppets that employ them when you hear crap like this. Idiots!

Brundle, and the 5Live pair, broadcasting to both BBC and 5Live, and give Legard a job better suited to his abilities like sweeping up.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I would think there'll be quite a few more launches on 31st Jan.

3. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

5. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

HD next year please. Unlikely though, until Mr Ecclescake can make money from it.

6. Krikkit

We might get upscaled from the beeb, but full-on HD cams are unlikely. Mr Troll said 2012, and he doesn't tend to budge for public pressure. :p

7. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Maybe that was why he got attacked/robbed. Because of no HD.

8. Krikkit

The final nail in the freshly-made coffin of the V8's. :(

Four-pot turbos, wow. They'll be mental, but as fun as a silly racing V8? Doubt it.

9. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Didn't Jake get a bit of a exclusive from Bernie at one of the mid season races?

"HD will be next year"

I can remember it anyway.

10. Krikkit

I probably fast-forwarded through that bit, sounds good though. The sooner HD comes around the better.

11. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Not entirely sure why he kept it quiet but Mark Webber has revealed he drove the last four races of this year with a broken shoulder.

12. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Mental! Did the team know though?

He might not have wanted to tell anyone - then they would have had even more reason to favour Vettel!

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I hoesntly can't see why they're not pushing the HD coverage through. If any sport is going to reap the benefits of shinyshiny-o-vision it's got to be F1 surely!.......

............and maybe Women's Beach Volleyball :naughty:

As for Brundle being at risk but Legard being safe i am in shock. Maybe we could start a lobbying campaign to oust him. It seems more than a bit harsh and i have nothing against the guy personally (not that i've ever met him) but he IS crap at what he does.

Hell even I could do better than him and certainly most of BT aswell. Ask yourself how often you spotted things well before either of them mentioned it throughout last season, only for Legard to then spot 'something' and get it wrong with Brundle quickly correcting him.

Maybe he should be replaced with James May just for comedy value.

14. Krikkit

Renault F1 will now be known as Lotus Renault GP, because proton have bought out Renault's share...

So at the moment we're looking at two Lotus teams on the grid, one who had the blessing of the remaining Chapmans and the other who are actually affiliated with Lotus cars. That's not gonna last though, as the legal battle between Fernandes (Lotus F1 or Team Lotus as they would be known next year) and Proton will likely end in the actual car owner's hands now they're in the sport.

15. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

That rendering looks quite tasty, TBH. Good move to ditch the Lada sponsorship. Anything in those colours and that name should never be mentioned in the same sentance as the Skip company.

I guess this is why there's been so much furore over the current Lotus team rebranding as 'Team Lotus' - Lotus Renault wanted it.

Leggard's going to be worse than ever now. He often mixes up cars of quite different liveries. Here's two the same colour with pretty much the same name! :hehe:

16. Krikkit

Seems a shame for the current Lotus though - they've weathered the storm of hatred this year with a good attitude, for them to suddenly have to find another name, or end up calling themselves Fernandes GP or something is a bit crappy.

17. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Think this thread needs to be renamed the 'Anti Leggard Thread'

Sam

18. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The whole Lotus thing is a bit messed up, however the new Lotus Renault GP team is surely the most legitimate as the team is now owned, in partnership with Genii, by Lotus Cars (the manufacturer of Lotus road going cars) who in turn are owned by Proton.

Team Lotus have no heritage , they simply bought the rights to the Lotus name from David Hunt, who had bought the rights to the name in 1994.

Unfortunate, however give it a year or two and I think only the Lotus Renault team will still be around carrying the Lotus name.

19. Krikkit

Andrew Benson has an interesting breakdown of how it all works.

Personally I don't think either team has a better claim to the name than the other. The current Lotus Cars has more heritage, but the new Chief Exec has decided to actively ignore the original principles of the company, moving it to the luxury car segment. Now they've just bought another team, whereas Fernandes bought the name then built the team under it.

20. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

But Fernandes has the better claim. He's got Colin's Hat :lol: