1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware What is the Best Gaming Mouse?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Dec 2010.

1. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

And the Habu was amazingly crap. I had two of these that stopped working in a matter of weeks. Ended up replacing it with a Logitech.

2. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

If the G9 had 2 more thumb buttons it would be my perfect mouse.

3. Bhuvsta

Bhuvsta Minimodder

Another Naos 5000 user here. I also love not having my pinkie drag along the table. Its quite nice for the rest of my hand too!

4. Enemyvirus

Enemyvirus CPC Refugee

CM Storm for me, just replaced my battered G5 with it. Amazing mouse at a amzing price.

5. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

I have an MX510 on my old comp and an MX518 for my most recent. It's a great family of mice. Plus, the colors just happened to match the general color schemes of my PCs. :thumb:

6. droitwichdosser

droitwichdosser What's a Dremel?

I know I've never been the best at grammer, but should it not be "which gaming mouse" or "which keyboard" ?

7. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Imperator is a great mouse. It's my current favorite but I'm hoping the Razer Tron mouse will bump it to second place. However like others stated everyone has a personal taste and what they look for in a mouse.

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I still love my G9 but I do agree that the Razer Imperator is an awesome mouse HOWEVER the down side to Razer is their products are not designed to withstand a lot of wear and tear and die much sooner then most of their competition out there.

9. Kenshi

Kenshi What's a Dremel?

Then get Logitech g700 THE BEST!! G9? lol
    G700 has 13 buttons, 4 thumb buttons perfectly placed and very convenient. And 3 buttons next to the Left click button very well placed and one button below the wheel button, plus the left and right scrolling of the wheel.
    There's also Roccat Kone + which I had and the wheel had problems again...like Kone V1 but this time, its not the same problem, it jumps up and down when you scroll.
    Roccat seems to have bad quality and only fancy lights and sounds...

Regarding bit-tech,I'm a bit disappointed...These are the best gaming mice you've found??
    Search a little better next time.

10. vivaladan

vivaladan What's a Dremel?

These one or two product best of articles annoy me for many reasons but this one takes the proverbial biscuit. Why use a photo of the Roccat Kone[+] and not even mention it on the article?

11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I currently use a MX518 but to be honest I prefer my old bog standard logitech optical ps2 mouse. It was more comfortable and is a lot less hassle. I had to mould Blu tac around the right side of the MX512 so it fits my hand better. Should I enter it into mod of the month?

12. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

December 22, 2009?

13. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

+1. If it were 'what makes the best gaming mouse/keyboard?' then I wouldnt mind, but as a closet grammar nazi I find it quite offensive to my sensibilities...

14. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Dec22, 2009?

15. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Sry about punch it in twice

16. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

MyLogitech G5 is still going strong; I've only really held off upgrading because my G5 has proven so durable over the last few years, and I don't have any problems with precision tracking. Any mistakes made are mine, not the mouse's. While 2000 dpi doesn't seem like a lot, the fact is that for a 1680x1050 monitor, you really don't need any more - it feels just right for twitch gaming, while 800 dpi is excellent for sniping and other more precise applications. I don't notice any loss of accuracy running either mode, only the cursor speed changes.

I am very interested in Razer products due to how solid the build quality and resonsiveness is, but frankly I don't know if I want to run separate software for my mouse and keyboard. Only needing one driver utility for my mouse and keyboard is nice for keeping things organised, if nothing else.

17. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

The whole article:

Just a jump to the left
    And a step to the RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

18. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

I hates those mices to pieces.

19. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

happy with CM Storm Sentinel, great for bigger hands

20. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I tell the people in my Clans/Guilds/Fleets to get two mice for gaming.
    One, which we have touched on here extensively, for FPS and twitch games and one for MMOs and RTS games.

I personally have found the MS Sidewinder mouse to work for me in FPS games. And the Razer Naga is indispensible in MMOs with its 12 thumb buttons and macro ability.

One needs to find the balance of comfort and features for both types of mice. And don't forget to buy an additional copy of a mouse you like, always remembering, have backups!!

Yours in Personal Peripheral Choice Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

Tags: Add Tags