1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress recognizer [060710 - Professional Photoshooting & Miniature Wonderland]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 6 Jun 2010.

1. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

That iridescent plexy is awesome. But the case is even more hot, Really nice with a sweet layered effect and the alim give it a killer look.
    Congrats

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

This is one funky little mod:thumb:

3. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks a lot mates!!!:clap::clap:

yeah!!! i think that descibes it perfect :thumb:

it´s a bit tricky to handle...just because of the iridescent side...its a kind of a thin foil ...so you have to be careful while handling that side ...because like you can imagine...once the foil is damaged you always see that.(the same problem which mirror plexi also has) But beside that you can handle it like normal plexiglas xt...

Cheapskate likes this.
  4. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

time for a little update with a lot of pics....:thumb:

After the Contest for which we build this case was finished and the final voting was done it was time for the Prizes...:D
    As part of the the Prize the first 3 Case Constructions got an invitation for a professional Photoshooting which takes place in Hamburg on the last weekend. After our arrival in Hamburg on Friday evening we just take a few drinks before it was time to get into our beds, because the shooting should start early in the morning on Saturday so that there is enough time for Group Photos, Single Shots, Night Shots and a Night Outdoor Shooting which.

Saturday Morning we directly moved to the Studio where the Photo Crew already waits for us....after moving in all Cases we made a short meeting to discuss the schedule for the day. Then it was time to take the first pics. First we started with the group Photo and after that was done we made a few interviews with the Videocam in Front of our Case.
    Then after a short break with snacks and drinks we made a few night shots in the studio before we left the Photo Crew alone to finish the last shots on their own.

For us, it was time to move to a nice restaurant/bar where we could get more drinks and snacks and enjoy the Soccer WM Game. After the game we moved on to the next point on our list....the Miniature Wonderland.....

The Miniature Wonderland is an absolute fantastic place, its a giant modell train world which is a must see for every Casemodder or model builder. After our visit to the Wonderland it was already early evening, so that we could catch up with the Photo Crew again.

The Photo Crew already was in a part of the Harbour near to us...so that it only was a short way. After a short disucssion how the shooting should be made we started to build up the scene with our Case in Front of a Futuristic Building with some light Reflexions of the Water all over the Case....but after a short while (2-3 hours) the weather gets more and more stormy so that we had to abort the shooting, but up to then we already take a lot pics so that it was no big problem....

I hope that we will get the pics which was taken by the Photograph soon, so that we can share them with you.....up to then we have made a lot pics by ourself (mainly from the Miniature Wonderland) which i can show you now :D:rock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. bobisgod

bobisgod What's a Dremel?

Stunning case. Hope you win! By the way, how did u hook up the power to the leds. I'm a led noob.

6. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

Excusse me but do you have any link where we could read more about the third case (not concretonic)

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@Bobisgod - Check the tutorials sticky.;)

I like the miniature complex. That one is pretty massive. I'd hate to be the guy in charge of dusting.
    Thanks for the info on the plexi, and good luck on the contest. It looks like some tough competition, (no pun on the concrete case intended.)

8. St3ph

St3ph What's a Dremel?

Nice mod... it turned out really awesome =)

and Hamburg is a very nice city! I like it a lot (even if I don't live there^^) and maybe I find the time to visit the "Miniaturwunderland". I've seen a lot of reports about it in TV and can't wait for it...

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

That really is exceptional work.

That model city is awesome, such detail. I wish I could see it in person!

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Can't stop, won't stop, can't stop, don't stop :rock:.
    You guys are awesome & just keep rolling out awesome mods like I have meals :hehe::thumb:.
    Amazing show of very active modding :clap:.

That model city is incredible too, very fine details going on there, dread to know how long that took to form :eeek:.

11. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

First of all thank you for the feature on the main page and of course for all your comments! For us it´s always a big pleasure to see that other people like our creations too, so thanks a lot m8´s!!!

12. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Nice one thechoozen,very very nice :thumb:

13. whispers

whispers What's a Dremel?

wooow, this is nice, amazing