1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware What is the Best Gaming Mouse?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Dec 2010.

1. dudwasup

dudwasup What's a Dremel?

razer has the most crap drivers out there so i would say that is a big downfall and i think the logitech g500 is one of the better gaming mice.

but its all opinion.

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I don't see why no one mentioned the MX580 Logitech makes really good mice for people with large hands.

3. Cuddles

Cuddles Need Hugs?

Cyborg RATT here. My computer gets about 20 hours a day use and durability is a serious issue. The ability to fit the mouse to my hand has been pretty nice. Gaming wise I love the sniping ability. Should take a look at it for Best Gaming Mouse.

4. spt

spt What's a Dremel?

I love my Habu

5. bothaus

bothaus What's a Dremel?

The Intellimouse days are not gone for me. I am still using various forms of IME 3.0's with the USB 500Hz hack. Perfect flow for low sense snipers. Have yet to find a smoother sensor. The old Alienware versions are my babies. 3200dpi is just plain stupid. Maybe you need 800-1600 for 2560x1600 otherwise, wtf?

6. undertheradar

undertheradar What's a Dremel?

Seriously, your mouse reviews suck bit-tech. I decided to spend the money and have purchased EVERY SINGLE TOP END GAMING MOUSE FROM EVERY COMPANY... you name it, I have it. Dont believe me, I got the pics to prove it. The Razer Tron mouse is on the way as well.

Roccat? I have the Kone and Kone+. Its a light show, thats it... nuf said. Did you know Sharkoon makes/owns Speedlink? Say, Sharkoon makes a gaming mouse...

Speedlink Kudos... actually a good mouse... great feel to it... but the software is barebones simple and leaves much to be desired, not worth the money.

RAT7...its adjustable... from XXS to S. Buttons are hard to push or useless. They engineered a whole lot of useless into this one.

Mionix? Sucks. Overpriced garbage. If you like the shape get the Rude Fierce (its a Qpad clone).

Razer? All Garbage except for maybe one or two. Same goes for Steel Series. Its all easy-to-break garbage.

Wanna know which mice actually rock for the money? Not always the most expensive ones actually... here are the mice I would suggest to anyone:
    Wireless: Logitech G700 and Microsoft Sidewinder x8
    Corded: Sharkoon Fireglider. Trust me, its a sweet mouse at a killer price. bit-tech reviewed it a while ago and gave it a bad grade because it 'felt cheap'. Seriously? Was that "new-crack-pipe" day or something? Cheap Plastic on THIS? Its all solid and I would bet on it winning a wall-pegging contest against any Razer or Steelseries product any day. Ill admit the fire graphics are a little cheez but your hand doesn't see, it grips, and this mouse is really all you need and then some. For $40, its a steal.

Rude Fierce: Its the Qpad 5k for 1/2 price and actually a better grip than the Mionix Naos.

Gigabyte M8000x: great mouse actually. Shaped alot like a Logitech Performance MX 1100 Revolution type. There are parts of this mouse that seriously make me think they are making speedlink's stuff as well.

7. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I've been using an mx518 for years. I think it's slightly too bulky for my hand and claw grip, but I've yet to find a gaming mouse that feels more comfortable. I tried a Razer Diamondback and hated it; then tried a Logitech G9 which was better, but my fingers kept slipping off the sides as they were not grippy enough. I went back to the mx518 after that.

8. Solanx

Solanx What's a Dremel?

Question is, how can you say it's a Qpad clone when it's the opposite? Mionix made their design before Qpad made their.

Also, the shape is absolutely perfect for my hand. And from my point, the features on the Mionix Naos 5000 beats everything else I've found. So garbage,?

Price, I say that I get what I pay for.

9. Cuddles

Cuddles Need Hugs?

I disagree especially on the buttons being hard to push. The mouse is a little heavier than most and it took a little time to configure. I also left the thumb area a little wiggle which allows me to move my hand and keep the buttons near my thumb. It works for me and my family.

10. undertheradar

undertheradar What's a Dremel?

@solanx,
    The shell of the Rude Fierce is one that Mionix (its actually the same mold as the Saiph 3200), Steelseries, Qpad, etc... have all used. Its the same shell, and the internals are similar as well. Thats why I call them 'clones'... Im not saying who copied who, doesn't matter.

Also, what features are unique to the mionix? The surface analysis tool is pointless, the rest is staple.

@Cuddles,
    The 'sniper' thumb button is so stiff that it is pointless... if you exert enough force to press it, you are going to comprimise your accuracy. The mouse adjusts like it should, but only for extra-small to small hands... whoopie. The thumb angle is rather pointless, and is hard to screw in place if its flared out so for most people it ends up against the side of the mouse anyways. The thumb scroll is for what?!?! The mouse is rather heavy too. All in all, you still cant adjust it to be as comfortable as say, a G700 or m8000x, so why bother? The software is also lacking. Its tracking also left much to be desired... showed alot of jitter in my tests.

Oh, and BTW, if you really like Roccat garbage, you might want to check out Speedlink's line... its the same company, but IME their mice are better made. When Roccat lets you set your DPI down to 200 or less for sniping rather than those preset DPI points, give me a call. If you try to make up for this by lowering the mouse sensitivity.... good luck, this caused me a ton of jitter.

11. Fynnon

Fynnon like a baws?

I have the Mionix Naos 5000 and before it i had the Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue
    Must the shape of the Naos is almost perfect but the materials used on the Razer were better

Mionix software is much better as options but sometimes i have problems with it, it just stops working
    Everything put together i must say id prefer the Razer Copperhead as the best i ever used

Tags: Add Tags