1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

\o/

Currently I'm firing minecarts off cliffs, so no rush :)

2. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

It's okay, I'm not in a hurry :p

New idea: have a downtown line that circles downtown, except underground. This is probably the most convenient way of having a line in downtown, considering there's little space in there. And you can just jump from/on to parallel lines if you want to go from downtown -> the rest of the world (or vice versa).

3. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

95mb...not kidding.

4. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

What the hell is up with that huuuuuge hole south-west of downtown/everything?

5. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

chunk error, probably. the same kind of error that took a bite out of the ikea i guess

6. TheDoctor

TheDoctor So what seems to be the problem?

My only issue, like I mentioned last night on the server, is that I hope you can build straighter than you can draw... :hehe:

If the line is going to be near the apartments, are we talking the ones that JR did by lakeside? If so, pleeeeeeaaaase don't block the view from my balconies of my house

7. TCoZ

:p

Can you show me a picture of where you don't want the line to go? That'd be excellent.

8. TheDoctor

Will do but it will have probably have to wait until I get home as I am at work and most things are blocked here but I will see if I can get something sorted sooner, cheers

Edit - looks like I can access what I need

And after putting up the pic below I have suddenly realised that the apartments might be the building on the left side of the pic :duh: in which case the trainline probably wouldn't affect my Lakeside house

[​IMG]

The red lines are the direction that my balconies face - if you want to run between my house and the apartments just let me know and I will put the balcony on that side over to the other side (it is a loft balcony so can be moved without much trouble)

The red circle is where I was planning a second build but any balconies will look out over the water towards JR and MrsF new house so if the line runs above the path that is already there I don't have any issues with it as I was planning a garden at the front of the house and building the house more towards the water anyway

Last edited: 13 Dec 2010
  9. TCoZ

The purple line there runs over the path there. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to carry on the red line, mind.

10. TheDoctor

No worries, the purple line is fine running above that path, I will just make sure that any trees I plant at that end of the garden don't interfere with the train line

As for the red line, I would have thought you would run it 'behind' my house if you needed to be anywhere near? If so, that isn't a problem

11. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

#'s, pcclan, and i wondered the same thing yesterday. so we headed out that way to check it out and there was...nothing. i think it was a spot that somehow noone had gotten close enough for the world to generate terrain there. theres nothing but grass and trees now.

on a side note, J is working on battleships just east of that spot...i suggest everyone have a stop by and see just how epic it will be :jawdrop:

12. TCoZ

Is it possible an admin could temporarily turn off spawn protection or let me bypass it somehow? It's in the way of the railway I'm trying to build.

Thanks in advance.

13. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

A couple of things:

I second the opinion of having a downtown railway-ring, that has stations where you can swich to the railways out to the districts.

The exploring down south (behind the gigantic bridge is done by me, I was hoping for snow and ned-generated land, but realise now that I went far to long. Sorry!

Awsome christmas-tree and snow-man!

And I liked the effect the leaning tower had on the carto, looks wrong geometrically.. Nice work!

14. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

as a clue to the universe i'm building from have a look at the caption below

[​IMG]

15. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Yeah, I walked over there myself after posting. All I found was a huge forrest fire there. Then I went afk and found myself with a sore behind and also buried... :D

16. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

ok so i've just installed a plasma reactor with exhausts and a direct feed to the left arm

[​IMG]

i need to get out more

17. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

i just spent half an hour removing dozens of lava springs from tweaks water slide, as well as repairing the dock that had been set alight.

i think we should get serious about finding and removing our resident griefer....

EDIT: also, what the...

[​IMG]

EDIT #2: theres random lava all over the place. the double helices behind the spawn have also suffered an unfortunate fate. id say a chunk error, but the lava and water is all conveniently capped off at the top...

Last edited: 14 Dec 2010
  18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's because there's a line above it that hasn't been finished :)

We need to colour/label the lines so we know where each one goes if there are many. I'm confused where each heads towards :blush:

19. TCoZ

There's not really a way that carts could've got to where they are there though from the line unless someone tweaked the line temporarily.

EDIT: Oh wait, the line to the right. Who's using that line, I wonder?

And I'd love to see some names for the lines, that would probably make things easier.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I just travelled the line - there's about 50 carts on it bouncing off each other. It's really, really long (takes a day of travel) and desperately needs stations and cart collection systems. Nice ride though, but my cart broke at the end and I was thrown off a cliff :/

TCoZ - not just names, but colours too, because then you don't need to be in viewing distance to read which line it is. Have a stone one/wood one/mossy cobble one etc