1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Anyone else a old SWG fan?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nukeman8, 14 Dec 2010.

1. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Its 2am in the morning i cant sleep and star wars galaxies pops into my head.
    Is it just me that holds that game, back before they screwed it up, as the best MMO ever made?

It had everything.
    Real housing.
    the best trade skills in any game i have seen.
    The most interesting and varied classes.
    Ground and Space combat - basically a mmorpg on the ground and a proper combat space sim.

Although i get the sneaky feeling im wearing rose tinted glasses as i quit playing it before the combat upgrade for some reason that i cant remember.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I really enjoyed my time as a musician on SWG. I stopped playing just before the all the big changes were made as work got really, really busy. The thing about SWG was that I really did feel part of the Star Wars universe and I also got the feeling I was part of a huge world. I doubt I will go back as I simply do not have the time or committment for MMORPGs anymore.

For similar reasons I also loved LOTRO - not sure how free to play will affect it, but I doubt I will have the time or energy to find out!

3. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Theres been so many changes that the game isn't recognisable, really haven't seen such a game ruined so horribly since.

4. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I used to play it some while back and I really enjoyed it, massive areas to explore and as you said, houses and an awesome trade system etc.

The main problem I had was the constant need to grind, it sometimes seemed like thats all I was doing. But still, until the point when I quit it was a great game.

It is a shame to hear it has fallen so far.

5. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Yes, you're wearing rose tinted glasses, allthough it wasn't too shabby before NGE.