1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Fallout New Vegas: Patch and DLC Announced!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by phenoptix, 7 Dec 2010.

1. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

It seems from following the tweeps from the fallout feed that the "big patch" is finally ready! No more spinning heads and impossible quests, well ok probably just fewer impossible quests.

http://twitter.com/#!/Fallout

Also announced is the first DLC for New Vegas, Dead Money, but only for XBOX Live (for starters I reckon). 800 live points though.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-111710.php

2. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

I read that on the forums here http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1123616-game-updates/ but it's not actually out yet!

And when it eventually is, it's about bloody time! They've well and truly tok the piss with this one, everybodys almost finished the game considering it was released in October!

Well when I say finished the game, I mean via 1 billion and 1 crashes!

Last edited: 7 Dec 2010
  3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I hope that patch doesn't break anything for me, my game has been rock solid so far.

As for the DLC, that better be a timed exclusive. If nothing else they should at least release it with the GOTY edition.

4. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

+1

Major bugs I came across I fixed myself, the minor bugs I just ignored, mostly due to the fact that I don't throw my toys out the cot when a game, any game, is not 100% perfect. :wallbash: :sigh:

PS: finished the game 3 times now only crashed twice (both causes I fixed)

/salt in wound

I hope so, can't wait for now content :clap:

5. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

Have to say the bugs haven't detracted from what is an excellent game for me, although as a bit of a completionist I hate having the unfinished quests. I've not seen so many bugs but I've found the game judders just before an enemy encounter which does give you a nice warning that you're about to be set upon.

6. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Very much the same here, I have to collect all snow globes, all weapons (normal and unique) and all armor (fully repaired) in addition to all in-game acquired perks, and to do any and all quests I come across.

As a matter of interest - can you remember any quests that were broken for you? just for interest sake... :thumb:

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I just downloaded a 250 odd mb update for new vegas. You guys got it? Any of you that were experiencing bugs doing any better now??

List of fixes;

Fallout: New Vegas v1.2

This update addresses issues with the following areas:

- Pip-Boy Interface
    - Repair Menu
    - Caravan
    - Weapons and Weapon Mods
    - Hardcore Mode
    - Perks
    - Skills
    - Crafting Recipes
    - Crafting Menu
    - Mojave Express
    - Chems/Addiction
    - Doctors
    - Vendors
    - PreOrder DLC Items
    - Reputation System
    - Radio Stations
    - Companion fixes
    - Companion Quests

And fixes for the following quests:

- Ain’t That a Kick in the Head
    - By a Campfire on The Trail
    - They Went That-a-Way
    - My Kind of Town
    - Boulder City Showdown
    - Ring a Ding Ding!
    - King’s Gambit
    - For The Republic, Part 2
    - Render Unto Caesar
    - Et Tumor, Brute?
    - The House Always Wins
    - Wild Card
    - Beyond the Beef
    - GI Blues
    - How Little We Know
    - Oh My Papa
    - Still In The Dark
    - You’ll Know It When It Happens
    - Arizona Killer
    - Eureka!
    - Veni, Vidi, Vici
    - All or Nothing
    - No Gods, No Masters
    - Birds of a Feather
    - I Put A Spell On you
    - Come Fly With Me
    - That Lucky Old Sun
    - Don’t Make a Beggar of Me
    - The White Wash
    - Ghost Town Gunfight
    - Restoring Hope
    - Bleed Me Dry
    - Aba Daba Honeymoon
    - Tend To Your Business
    - Wang Dang Atomic Tango
    - Flags of Our Foul-Ups
    - Debt Collector
    - Talent Pool
    - Left My Heart
    - Someone To Watch Over Me
    - Hard Luck Blues

8. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Lol - it would have been easier for them to list the stuff it didn't fix!

Loved the game though (played it on the 360). Given the different ways in which the game could end, it will be interesting to see how they work in the DLC. I hope that it opens up the world again like Broken Steel did in Fallout 3.

9. Ravenheart

They'll never get anything right, apparently this 'MEGA' patch still hasn't fixed everything!

A sh*tload of users still having major problems according to the Official Fallout New Vegas PC users forum

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I don't know where you get the shitload figure from, it's like 1 page of threads per day since the patch came out. SPUF gets that much traffic for games that aren't "broken"

11. Ravenheart

Well alright then let's count the thousands of posts from people before the patch came out then add them to the new threads/posts after the 3rd (most recent) patch came out.

I noticed as well you've only mentioned the amount of threads, not the amount of posts, and exactly like you say it has only been 1 day, imagine how many more there will be in a few days, they can't fix anything and I'm not arguing about it as it's pointless, they've f*cked the game up not me and I won't be buying anymore of their games ever as they probably couldn't even get p*ssed in a pub lol.

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

The ones that have most likely been sorted out?

13. Ravenheart

So you say but they haven't been sorted out because other people have posted on the Fallout New Vegas forum saying they still have the same problems after the patch, doesn't take a genius to work out that if someone posts that something isn't fixed then clearly it isn't fixed.

Like I said anyway I'm not arguing about it as it's pointless, just as much as waiting for them to release a patch that actually does fix EVERYTHING..

They f*cked it up so much that even 2 months after release it's still not 100% fixed, they don't have a clue and that's all I have to say on the matter.

Last edited: 14 Dec 2010
  14. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

So because someone has a problem that hasn't been fixed, that means everyone with any pre-patch problem still has their problems?

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well nice to see a patch fixing alot of problems, though proably more to fix would rather wait for the game to be finished instead of coming out early.

16. ak_2020

ak_2020 Minimodder

Agree with you there, although I have found that with limited use of console commands I was able to do almost everything. Hovever, there were a few quests such as Eye for an Eye that I could never get to fire, and one time ED-E just vanished into thin air.

Its not possible to do every quest anyway, because playing through the game you eventually end up annoying someone. Thats one of the things that I preferred about Fallout 3 - you could do just about everything without worrying too much about antagonising certain factions.

17. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Can't argue with that logic. :rolleyes:

I need to finish playing Fallout New Vegas, but currently FPS games have my <3.

18. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

This game has driven me to the point where i would like to kidnap the families of the developers and hold them hostage until they release a game which is actually playable.

I've experienced hard lock-ups through out the game but this last one really takes the piss. I'm on the final mission for the NCR and soon as I step onto hoover dam it hard locks my PS3. I can't complete the ****ing game because of their piss poor coding after visiting every location on the map and completing nearly every sub quest I cant finish the main story. :waah:

19. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I have a save 2 minutes away from an NCR-supporter ending, want me to youtube it for you?

20. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

That is very kind of you but i'll hold out to see ifa patch comes out or 'ill trade the game for something else. I'm tempted to take it back and demand a refund but i think they will tell me to piss off.