1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft: No Assassin's Creed in 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jul 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Activision take note ! :)

3. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

Assassins Creed 2, worse game I've ever played. too many tutorial missions, almost exactly the same as the first with the removal of "fluid" free running. That game was just dire. Kill the series for all I care I will not be buying it.

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Wow... it's one of my favourite games, probably ever.

Unsurprised they need a break, the amount of work the historians do on the story is just stellar. I have been seriously impressed by not only the accuracy in even the small details (things shouted in the streets, etc.) but the way they've inter-woven 'facts' about the Assassins into actual historic events with the AC games. It may pass a lot of people by, but you can actually learn some history just playing these games :thumb:

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

stopped playing AC1 at some point in the third city when i realised that all the kills and missions where basically the same

will not be buying any of the squeals

6. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Hmm...You couldn't be more wrong tbh.
    One of my favourie games this year..

The second is vastly improved over the first.

Hex likes this.
  7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I enjoyed the first game though it was a little repetitive. Never finished the second game. I played them back to back so maybe I was all Creeded out.

Didn't like the 2nd game as much though I must say. There was the whole 3 hours of hand holding initially..which I got past. And got to see that they improved the game in some ways. But they also added way too much crap that was unnecessary. The game didn't seem to know what it was. Was it an assassin game or was it a platform game with kleptomaniac tendencys?

I preferred the more pure Assassin feel of the first game. I think they tried too hard to make the 2nd game more varied and overshot the mark. So yeah, I think it is a good thing they are leaving a break. There is still Brotherhood to come. Let us hope it is better than the 2nd one.

8. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Didn't buy the first one because of the whole DX10.1 fiasco. Probably not my cup of tea anyway.

9. veato

veato I should be working

I can understand criticism of the first AC. Although I loved it I found it very repetitive and did not complete all the side mission/quests.

The second one though I thought was amazing. I'm really suprised at the criticism and cannot wait for the series to come to its conclusion (as in I'm actually interested in the story and want to see the conclusion)

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Really enjoyed both the first and the second game, and the twist at the end of the 2nd :jawdrop:

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

good decision.

all series should take note, altho over 4-5 years, thats not a breather anymore. thats holding your breath for too long.

12. bob

bob What's a Dremel?

Agreed. Saw my brother play it for an hour and it looked incredibly boring. Taxi some woman, run back and forth between two people in the same room, flick 5 switches, have a seizure, get a tour of Venice... yawn.

13. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

I like how they deal with sequels. I've only played AC2 and I'm not going to touch AC1. Thoroughly enjoyed AC2 but it ended leaving me confused, excited and disappointed at the same time. The final boss fight was a fisticuffs match but the aliens twist.. oh boy :D

Ubisoft, you're awesome!

14. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Was one of my favourite games too, In fact just pre ordered the botherhood.

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

16. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

Enjoyed the first game but got too repetitive, until the end. AC2 is better all round, more diverse. The tombs are pure Prince of Persia and unlike the first game I there were not clues (that I know of) that would help to plan your assassination which I thought was a shame. However I found the story amazing, especially when unveiling "the truth" and the ending was awesome too. I've pre-ordered the brotherhood codex edition.

I think Ubisoft are right in not releasing an AC next year. Though I feel there should be atleast one more assassin in Desmond's memory before finally coming to the present day.

17. devilxc

devilxc Biding my time...

As above, couldn't finish the first one due to tedium. Very fun game that quickly became repetitive. It put me off getting the second.

I do think Activision have damaged FPS by saturating the market. It's good that Ubisoft are planning a break to freshen things up.

18. vapor187

vapor187 What's a Dremel?

I'm anxious to see what is in store for the next Assassins Creed. Where will they go with the storyline? I don't necessarily agree that we need a multiplayer Assassins Creed? Like Bioshock for example, Why even add a multiplayer element to a single player game? Why not add more DLC?

19. Shadows&Dust

Shadows&Dust What's a Dremel?

Well I never really played the first one really, only seen it on the PlayStation but, I've play the second. I haven't finished it fully because when I got the 3rd one I was draw into the game, most games don't really do that, besides Fable 2. I played though most of the memories of the 3rd one, I just haven't gotten the last of them, because I get caught a lot.

And only seeing some other videos that they made still drew me in from the ones I seen...

20. Stunna

Stunna What's a Dremel?

I love the AC seris and I will be looking forward to buying the 4th one. I dont want you guys to take a breather. Take a breath and star making that 4th gamr