1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Help with fan choice for my new chip

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dopey, 15 Dec 2010.

1. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

Hi all i got this AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz 9MB Cache Socket AM3, it makes an absolute racket the fan it spinning like a banchi and its very noisy!! is there a better more quieter cpu fan out there (if possible not water-cooled) or if it is something simple to fit? AMD was good enough to send me a new fan thinking it could be faulty, but i don't think it is (haven't put it in yet anyway) any suggestions please? ta mucho

Last edited: 15 Dec 2010
  2. Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179 What's a Dremel?

I think it would be best if you could mention what case you got first, then people would be able to advise your on which CPU cooler to use better...as not all CPU cooler will fit if you have a small case.

3. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

Ok fair enough

Casecom 6788 Black Mid Tower Case with Full Black Interior/Exterior 120mm Blue LED Front Fan, its a full size case,

Asrock 890GX Extreme3 Socket AM3 DVI VGA HDMI Out 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Thanks again

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I cry about cases like this. It's probably half the problem, as it wont be cooling your gubbinz very well.

What's your budget?

I'd like to suggest a new case as well as cooler really...

Edit: It's a mid tower case by the way, not a full tower...

5. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

I already have the case, its all fitted and running, so a suggestion that will fit already would be preferable, i have about £45 to spend

Well i could take the side panel off..... but the dust would probably gunk everything up after a few months

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

ThermalTake Frio would do you :) Also adding fans to the empty fan spaces would help alot, but as I said before a better case would go a long way. Something to think about in the future :)

7. rob the bank

rob the bank What's a Dremel?

This may help:
    http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/amx-coolers

If you are running at standard speed and just wont something quiet and cheap then go for a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev2 Quiet CPU

If you are looking for a mild OC then a Gelid Solutions Tranquillo Quiet would be a good move.

If you want all singing all dancing max OC then the Frio is the one to go for.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Surely running the Frio's fans would produce better effect due to its better cooling performance...

9. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

Ta mucho everyone, the thing is, for the first time ever it hasn't gone crazy today for some reason, you think it knows?? creepy eh?

10. rob the bank

rob the bank What's a Dremel?

11. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

I have this exact one

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/204939

the problem probably lays in the fact that i have it tucked in the computer chubby box under the desk, but its open at the front and i have drilled very large holes in the back (a good few of them so air can circulate) but its probably not helping the problem, but i have no other place to put the tower

I'm not really up to doing things like MB BIOS, what am i looking for to change, can anyone run me throe this please, and i will have a go at it

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Could you install Realtemp and tell us what results you get?

13. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

you have a site for that? i will give it a go

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile