1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Top 10 Games of 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 16 Dec 2010.

1. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

I'm glad 20% of people agree with me that Mass Effect 2 is the best game this year. I tend to go further, however, and assert that it's my favourite game ever (that's after I've allowed my mind to block out the hours spent scanning planets).

2. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Have to agree. BFBC2 is a fantastic game and the upcoming Vietnam Pack means I have no reason to buy black ops.

Just Cause 2 is just amazing and it's one of those games that takes a very long time to get 100% completed due to the sheer scale of things and the variety of things you can do. And all the little DLC packs are awesome.

wyx087 likes this.
  3. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

Opps sorry, just shows most of the population is retarded.

4. mastorofpuppetz

Agree, Mass Effect series is perhaps the most overrated RPG of all time. Its really fairly average once you get past the pretty graphics.

5. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

well i enjoyed the top 3 games on the list but i though civ 5 might of got higher maybe 4

6. Jampotp

Jampotp What's a Dremel?

F1 2010?

7. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine Snacker

Very happy for ME2. Best game I've ever played.

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Actually no. It just shows that the majority have a different opinion to you. If you don't like it then the internet is not the place for you. Oh and gtfo!

9. mastorofpuppetz

No, if you have to deal with the dumb masses you would know what i say is not far from the truth. Popularity with dumb masses often means crap. Oh, and GTFO.

10. Fizzban

Your arrogance is astounding. That you call the masses dumb or retarded is a joke. Look at yourself before you wildly judge others.

11. mastorofpuppetz

Its not arrogance, the masses are dumb, there is a reason the likes of Justin Beiber, Britney spears, on and on and on...... got rich off of the dummies.

12. Fizzban

I think you've missed my point.

You don't like ME2 and while I don't agree with your opinion, I respect it. You don't see me calling everyone who doesn't like ME2 a retard, do you? If anything I could almost argue the fact that because more people like the game than don't, that you are indeed the retard. But I don't think you are, at least not for having a different opinion to me. Your sweeping comments however, do make you look a bit of a fool, which I'm sure is not the general effect you are going for.

And yes, justin and britany suck, badly. But again that is just an opinion. It is neither right or wrong regardless of whether the community at large agrees with me or not.

13. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Yes puppetz, but similarly being successful and appealing to a large audience doesn't necessarily mean crap. Take the band from which your very name is from; Metallica. Huge appeal, millions of fans - are they music for dummies? I'm sure it's really cool to hate what the "mindless sheep of the masses" like, but there's a big difference between Justin Beiber and Mass Effect 2.

Feel free to go on hating things other people rightly admire though, I hear angst is in.

Fizzban likes this.
  14. t1alek

t1alek Mind modder.

Mass Effect 2 taking the top honours is not surprising or undeserved in my opinion.
    It is not the game that wowed me the most of all time, but it was probably the best game this year.
    I mean, what was better? BFBC2

One also have to consider that many reders, voters and commenters are somewhat seasoned in terms of gaming which makes us harder to wow. What was the last game to really blow your socks off?

- On my own part I am not sure; the Half Life series gets at least one replay a year. In recent years I have begun playing Diablo II in singleplayer mode to soak up the atmosphere even more. Warcraft III has a brilliant story not just for a rts , but any kind of game. Crysis is constantly growing on me, the original, not Warhead. Oblivion is the game that according to steam has consumed most of my hours ever since they started counting.
    As for the most recent? probably the stalker-series or GTA 4 with their extremely fascinating worlds.
    ..these are all games from yesteryear and beyond.

Mass Effect 2 was a really good game and i will be buying the third, but it fails to elevate itself above being more than really good. With even weaker competietion however it ought to win.

15. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

The Best statement of this year.

16. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

The end-boss in Mass Effect 2 wasn't bad at all. You're wrong about that.

17. infekted.one

infekted.one What's a Dremel?

HAHAHA

I had only played one of them BF bad company 2 and i thought it sucked!!!:lol:

saving gracei should have black ops for crimbo

18. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I think this should be the tag line for the Game of the Year Poll in future.

19. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Results are pretty much what i expected, can't argue with BFBC2 & Mass Effect 2 being up the top end. Here's hoping that 2011 has some more interesting titles though (DX11 games that are worth playing and not just using for benchmarks).

20. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

don't be hatin

Tags: Add Tags