1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Bit of a problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dopey, 27 Dec 2010.

1. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

Hi all, again!! hope you all had a good Xmas and got what you wanted from Santa!!

Anyway to my problem, when i boot my computer up the screen wont start, just says "no connection", i have to turn it off from the plug sometimes 2 or 3 times for say 10 secs or more, and then it come on as it should after booting the puter up i'm running win 7 and have an AMD chip

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz 9MB Cache Socket AM3 Retail Box Processor
    Asrock 890GX Extreme3 Socket AM3 DVI VGA HDMI Out 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
    Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB GDDR5 OC Edition Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card

2. quirkalfeeg

quirkalfeeg Its a trick...get an axe.

Hi,

"no connection" sounds like a bad connection to the boot drive. I had this this other day after gutting an old pc and had forgotten to plug the sata cable back into the boot drive..

Standard i.t question - is the sata/power connection firmly in place on the drive/motherboard?

Could be a bad sata cable/power cable, though not that likely I guess...?

Has it been working fine up until recently? Have you been tinkering inside the case recently?

Q.

3. Remeniz

Remeniz Muted!

Mmmmmm. . .

I thought "No Connection" displayed on the monitor meant that the monitor in question wasn't connected to the graphics card or isn't receiving a signal from the graphics card. Nothing to do with the hard drives.

OP: Your running a motherboard with it's own graphics solution and you have a GTX 460. So go into the BIOS and ensure that you disable the on-board graphics.

See if that helps.

4. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Plug out the GFX and run it off the on-board VGA/DVI.

5. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

Its a new build, and i plugged my old monitor in and the same thing happened, i will take the side off and check the plugs, and get back to you if its a fix or not... thanks guys

Just to add the strange thing is, if i was to turn it off now, it would reboot as normal and the monitor would start up

Last edited: 27 Dec 2010
  6. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Could be a dud 4600GTX well worth the simple check.
    I've have a few new parts come as duds especially RAM.

7. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

Well it was working, its just the passed few weeks its been doing it

8. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

went to the bios, and made it all as default, shut off the turbo boost, shut down, its been a few hours now before i started the puter up, and it cam on fist time as it should