1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits Energy Drink Roundup 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 30 Dec 2010.

1. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Anyone remember an energy drink called XTC, i had some as a kid in mid '90s. I'm not sure but I think it was later banned in the UK.

2. echeb

echeb What's a Dremel?

i allways get it at motorway service stations, and in superdrug oddly enough. shame they don't do it in 2L bottles though

3. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Relentless berry and juiced are my favourites, everything else tastes awful IMHO, especially monster... a rep gave me some cans to try and they were like fruity dishwater.

I'd like to see cocaine (The energy drink) reviewed, the caffiene content is immense, apparently.

4. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

More vodka required.

Maybe you guys could test biscuits too? I have a tendency to eat one whenever I die (BF:BC2, so that's a lot of dying)

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I like some of the relentless and monster varietys. Though I can never remember which one/s. Tried one of the rockstar ones which was nice too. Only time I ever drink them is when I've had little to no sleep and want something to keep me awake. So what they taste like doesn't matter much. And they nearly always have that odd caffeine after-taste anyway.

6. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Was I the only one to laugh out loud at the "5 Hour Energy Drink" reply's?

7. DocWolfe

DocWolfe What's a Dremel?

I once went on a night out and drank nothing but energy drinks - I felt worse at the end of the night than anyone else and I couldn't sleep. The next 2 days I felt like crap.

When I went to Ibiza for 2 weeks a drank nothing but vodka and red bull, I started getting heart palpitations and panting. This **** is not good.

8. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

Last edited: 30 Dec 2010
  9. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

they banned four loco and black out in a can around here

there was a energy drink I bought imported from japan.. it tasted exactly like I thought it would- refreshing and no after taste lol I can't remember the name- have to go back to the hmong market and get some

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Same thing up here. Caffienated alcoholic drinks got banned in November.

I hate the placebo effect that people are getting now. They buy the decaf Four Lokos and go around acting like they're drinking the caffienated ones because they don't understand what they were even banned for in the first place. One of my room mates was guilty as charged until I sat him down and explained that it's just a [terrible tasting] 24oz 12% ABV can of malt liquor, roughly equivalent to a few glasses of wine, and the banned ones are no different than mixing any energy drink with any alcoholic drink.

11. rev_ollie

rev_ollie Over-whatting??

I'm more interested in who went to a toilet to smell the urinal cake before tasting one of the drinks on test :p (hope that was on the custom PC article or the newb just ruined his chances on this forum)

Remember getting hold of XTC when I was young and almost going into a sugar induced coma.
    Can't live without these things in lectures. Database admin at 7pm for 2 hours is not something that's accomplished on will power alone

Last edited: 31 Dec 2010
  12. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Personally I never touch any of this ****.

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

How is Mountain dew code red an energy drink?

BTW this stuff is pretty good
    [​IMG]

14. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Arizona's RX Energy is pretty good, worthless for energy but it's pretty tasty.

$.99 for a tall can, I love Arizona drinks.

15. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

I demand Joe's cocktail be added to the bit-tech store!

16. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Energy drinks whilst gaming are for wimps or the under-aged. Premium strength beer is all you need (or Dandelion and Burdock for the style conscious non-alcohohlic option).

17. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Not always a good plan drinking and gaming. It tends to get a touch...messy :eeek: D & B is a good choice (if you can find it, I haven't been able to get any for months) but I reckon I'll stick with the pot of coffee within arm's reach of my desk - enough caffeine there to wake the dead and it certainly tastes better to me than this nasty muck in cans!

18. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I wonder how many of your are now on either metformin of insulin or both after that test with glucose levels above 20 lol

19. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

This is so true. If you have to be sober to play video games you're taking them too seriously.

20. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

Love these articles- what is next?

Hot-cross buns for Easter?

Tags: Add Tags