1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 2 Jan 2011.

1. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Lock'n'Load

I've sworn by Acronis for a few years now. It is, in my opinion, the best. I just upgraded to the latest version and it has some great addtional touches although the UI has been altered and that takes getting used to.

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious What's a Dremel?

Anyone who deems FLOSS untrustworthy is ignorant of
    a) the motivation of its drivers ( coders producing something THEY want )
    b) the bug-eradication system called "many eyes find bugs faster than few do", and
    c) for the core stuff that the core coders HAVE to be able to trust, competence is their "badge".

-shrug-

it's a cultural thing: believers believe everyone else is foolish, and that is that.

Knowers are more likely to test & try & discover objectively, but that requires a culture-shift.

http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

Linux has saved my Windows system SO many times I can't count... ( what was that program called... gpart or something, that could discover where a partition SHOULD be, after some MS-land stupidity had killed my partition table...? I live in Linux, now, so it's been years since Linux had to save me from Windows's screwups, though Windows's destruction of my multiboot is .. routine, thanks to MS's devotion to preventing OTHER OSs... you may remember when WinServer wiped multiboot from everyone's servers, to DRM/control the machine... news from /.
    typical... )

3. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

I have used Odin (http://odin-win.sourceforge.net/) successfully to copy an image of my laptop hard drive and restore it to a new bigger hard drive. After the copy all I had to do was put the hard drive in my laptop and everything booted up and ran fine on the bigger drive (I was running Windows 7).

Tags: Add Tags