1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Games of 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 7 Jan 2011.

1. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

John Milius wrote the script for homefront! Now on my raidar :)

Arkham Asylum caught me completely off guard , it really was like playing the man himself in an movie and I got lost in it for days. Hopefully the sequel is as good and shinier!

Deus EX...nuff said!

Ive had mass effect sitting on my shelf for over a year and a half unplayed... Im starting to feel like I'm doing myself an injustice. Think I might add playing 1 & 2 to my new years resolutions list. What is putting me off is that fhe fallout games get rave reviews but they bore the crap outa me with their "A man is beating up a girl, do you want to A: Tell him to stop: B: Beat the crap out of him or C: Pick your nose" content... obviously I am going to kick the crap out of him so stop asking me to answer stupid bloody questions!

2. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

Diablo 3 elicpses all for me. The one game I've been waiting nearly 10 years for. I have a feeling if its even half as good as D2 then all other games will simply cease to exist for a good while. For me anyway. Sadly I still don't believe it will appear in 2011. Other watchers for me are:

Arkham City
    Uncharted 3
    Portal 2
    Deus Ex 3

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I tried getting into ME, but the first time I drove a moon buggy across some of the most bugged textures where I couldn't tell where the road was drove me to despair as I kept dying. Fruitless attempts to fix the problem only added to the frustration so I gave up. ME2 however, after playing the recent PS3 demo, looks pretty damn good. I'd have to watch a catchup video I think.

If I can tear myself away from GT5, that is.

4. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

I must say that this:

in many ways describes my perfect game (/novels/movies/etc...) I hope so much that DE3 can live up to expectation.

But - Wot? No Shogun TW2?

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

honestly i think that this is a Little obvious as all titles are essentially AAA here

I think its a very exciting Year for Mortal Online which will see the game either 1.) Fail completely or 2.) grow to become the next Ultima Online

also im particularly looking forward to dungeon defenders and Torchlight 2 (if it is a 2011 game) but out of that list i will probably play portal 2 and the witcher 2

6. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

I've been alpha-testing Homefront, and I can say I'm very excited about the concept as well as the looks. ^_^ (I can't give out more, sorry.)

I'm also looking forward to Portal 2, having missed out on the classics such as Deus Ex and Duke Nukem.

7. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

D3 for me. But wait the whole year (at least) will be terrible. But for anyone that waited 10 years, I can wait one more. The "jeweler ", for me at least, seens quite obvious: the forge jewelery. something like "vital pendant of the stars" or "dunno-what ring of the lion". But i am little afraid that every title I saw that used so much time to develop turns out to be not so good. Statement that reminds me: does anyone have news on "project offset"?

I am hoping that ME3 will bring a nice closing to the trilogy, because the history in ME2 doesn't add much to it.

Batman: AC must be awesome! Loved AA! Lots of punchs in the face!

Lots of interesting titles this year for sure.

8. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

Portal, Homeland and... Crysis, perhaps?

What's noticeable, though, is they're all, with the exception of Homeland, sequels.. is originality dead in computer gaming?

9. law99

law99 Custom User Title

You need to play Deus Ex now then. It's cheap. Possibly negates torrent cheap. Best game I've ever played. Still makes new games disappointing in some respects... I need to pick up Mass Effect, maybe that'll change things; although the reason I haven't already played it is the Edge review I read that brought to light my fears for the game: is it rpg enough? That and pure lazyness + cash flow no nos.

10. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Him? but Shepard is female.
    Or at least MY Shepard is anyway.
    It is odd that ever screenshot I see of ME1 or 2, just looks 'wrong' somehow, without my character in there. It is quite amazing how personal the Mass Effect games become.

Personally there's no big games I'm looking forward to this year, although Batman:AA was a really well polished and solid game, so I'm expecting good things from the sequel. Torchlight 2 will probably eat up my spare time and give me RSI again, but most of all I'm looking forward to the remake of Dear Esther.

11. sandys

sandys Multimodder

LBP2 but that’s almost here I suppose
    Uncharted 3
    Killzone 3
    Forza 4

Not looking forward to much on PC which is a shame as I’ve just upgraded it, Still I picked up a lot of oldies from the steam sale that will keep me entertained.

Might give Mass Effect a bash as people keep banging on about it.

12. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Battlefield! And Diablo 3! And Rage! And Angry Birds Easter Edition!

13. Ljs

Ljs Modder

SWTOR!

14. REMF

REMF What's a Dremel?

based off games played in 2010:
    Bioshock Infinite
    Mass Effect 3
    Shogun Total War

based off games i hope will be awesome:
    Deus Ex 3
    Witcher 2
    Brink

15. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Joe: If you had played Diablo2 like I told you to beyond the first quest you would know what use jewels are.

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

If they are magic jewels, sure. But surely magic stuff is handled by the Mystic?

17. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

18. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

The Ps3 has an amazing lineup of games in 2011, wow. Xbox has gears of war and thats about it.

19. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

It's worth noting that Kaos Studios were the guys behind Desert Combat and Battlefield 2 before DICE dropped them.

So Homefront has alot of potential considering BF3 probably wont live up to expectation!

20. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

I guess Mystic is making staves, wands and other stuff for "user of magic" character class. Jewels however can be inserted into socketed items - be it armor or weapon - to improve their combat efficiency and every character class can use them.

Tags: Add Tags