1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays odd power cable

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by wolff000, 7 Jan 2011.

1. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

I need a power cable for an old touch screen. The manufacturer can't supply it cause it's discontinued. It is a 3 prong molex connection. I have only been able to find the monitor on sale. I can't find just the cord. So does anyone know where I can find one of these or how I can power this thing? Thanks

Monitor
    Elo Entuitive Touchmonitor
    15"
    ET1545C-4SWE-1

[​IMG]

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

make your own ?

3. saspro

saspro IT monkey

It's either got a transformer in it and needs 240v through the molex or it'll be 12v & 5v with common ground.

You may need to pop the back off

4. wolff000

It does need 240V through the molex. I would be willing to make my own. I have only dabbled in electronics so I wasn't sure where to begin. If it needs just a cord with +, - and ground no problem. If it needs some sort of PS built I would need to do some research to find out how.

Thanks

5. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Some of the printers are still using this form of power connectors, you might want to search in that category.

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

If it wants 240v through the molex then you can open it up and replace it with a proper IEC plug to save the hassle.

If it's transformered before that then it could be fun finding that out

7. wolff000

I am a little hesitant playing with the guts of this thing. I have been told many times that CRTs pack enough juice to give you a bad day. I think I am going to check out the printer power cables. Thanks. I am going to keep going though. I want to power this thing up.