1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Thermaltake Armor+

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Tungil90, 9 Jan 2011.

1. Tungil90

Tungil90 What's a Dremel?

Hey Folks,

I'm a very happy user of the Thermaltake Armor+ Case, but some time ago the big side-fan broke and now I want to buy a new one, the only problem I have is...
    Which Size is it?

The Thermaltake Homepage ( http://de.thermaltake.eu/product_info.aspx?PARENT_CID=C_00000090&id=C_00000091&name=Armor+&ovid= ) says:

230x230x20mm

but my measuring says exactly 220mm from bolt(middle) to bolt (middle)...

So has anyboy modded/changed this fan already?
    Which one will fit??

I would be really thankful for answers ;)

Tungil

2. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Fans are not measured from hole to hole. They are measured from edge to edge. I.e. a 120mm fan is 120mm from one edge to the other.

You can get 230mm BitFenix fans at Scan.co.uk, such as THIS

3. Tungil90

That's Strange cause of course from hole to hole is longer than from side to side, which is in my case almost exact 200mm ?!!
    But why does the Thermaltke-site say 230,,?! I mean it's difference of 3cm!?
    But thanks for the hint, now I'll buy a 200mm fan^^

4. Nealieboyee

No you'll have to buy a 230mm fan. Not 200mm. I doubt thermaltake got their measurements wrong.

5. Tungil90

6. Nealieboyee

Yes, from hole to hole, BUT when you buy the fan, the dimensions will be 230mm x 230mm.

Take a 120mm fan for example. From hole to hole its 105mm, but edge to edge its 120mm. You don't buy a 105mm fan. You buy a 120mm.

7. Tungil90

you know that what you say does not make sense at all? ;)

You know that Pythagoras' theorem is: a²+b²=c² so if the sides are 105mm from hole to hole ( I always talk about the diagonal-hole-to-hole) is bigger than 105mm? ;)

And when I take your word , I have to buy a 200mm-fan, cause from side to side it's 200mm as I mentioned in post #2 ;)
    But thanks for helping and the hint to measure the side, not the hole-2-hole thingy^^

edit:
    aaaa^^ not I see what you ment! You ment from hole to hole on one side!
    I always talked about from hole to hole in diagonal^^

But now as the above mentioned fan has the exact same measurements as i measured at the Armor+-fan
    (154 / 218 mm)
    I'll buy this one, even if it's a 200mm fan, not a 230mm...

Last edited: 10 Jan 2011
  8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The one he listed is a 230mm fan but it fits a 200mm mounting.

Most fans have a square frame. This (and some others including the one you have) have mounting holes in the same place as a 200mm fan but the blades protrude slightly between them allowing a bigger fan in a smaller mounting. Looks similar to Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man ;)

9. Tungil90

10. j.col

j.col Minimodder

is the case less than 12 mths old?
    i had a front case fan go on mine, i tought to give ebuyer a try, and now they are sending me out a replacement fan.
    Ace customer service ;)

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

This. Mate of mine had a bad mobo from them and had a replacement within 3 days. Can't knock that. Worth a try.

12. Tungil90

Yeah, of course, but it's just slightly over 2 years old, so i don't have any warranty left...
    Otherwise I would have tried to contact TT ...
    But I'll buy the 200mm fan next week and will report if it fits^^

edit: So today my fan arrived, in the end i bought:
    http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog...r-Master-200mm-MEGA-Flow-FAN-Blue::12858.html

and it fitted perfect! I used the bigger drill-holes, i'm not shure if a 230mm fan would have fitted, but this one is exactly the same size as the original Thermaltake-fan!
    I thinks it's louder than the old one ( I can't compare it anymore^^ ) and it's definately thicker, it's 1 or 2mm away from my thermalright ifx-14, but it fits and does not have contact.
    And i think the airflow could be even bigger, 700turns per minute is not that much...^^

Last edited: 20 Jan 2011