1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What's your favourite gaming cinematic?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mikemorton, 23 Nov 2010.

1. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Fixed.

2. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

+1 for Total Annihilation - awesome

Red Alert 1 brings back good memories (music=awesome)

This StarCraft 2 video, for the quality of the rendering and the reaction of the crowd - simply awesome -

and finally, a golden oldie -

Man, games were fricken' awesome back then

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Newish game, but I love this one...

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Huge +1 for MGS cinematics.

I'll spoiler tag just to be on the safe side:

The scene in MGS4 when Ocelot uses his "guns" to "shoot down" the helicopters. Ocelot is simply the epitome of badass-ery.

Also, the first trailer for Warhammer: Age of Reckoning. I love the Warhammer games, particularly AoR, for how the good guys don't always win, or how the good guys often really aren't that good. Watching the warrior priest get his head smashed in at the very end always makes me smile.

5. Fizzban

I'll just leave this here, kthxbye.

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Fizzban wins!

7. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

OMG AWESOME

8. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I love all the little details in that (utterly awesome) DCUO trailer, like the fact harley is wearing one of the robins' capes.

9. Fizzban

*Casts Resurrection onto thread*

Been watching the progress of this game for a long time. Can't wait for it to release!

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

It's thread resurrection week, I see. No matter, this was a good thread.

This remains my favourite (so much so that I still remembered the thread title to search it):

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=164607

A year later, it still makes me jizz...

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Oh man, I remember that Soviet Assault trailer. That's what got me started with WiC in the first place.

And is it just me or does that old-ish Jedi in the first SW:TOR trailer look a bit like Rahm Kota?

12. bagman

bagman Minimodder

one of the best starting scene to a game ever

13. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

This blew my mind when I was 8..

Or the MGS4 finale, including the microwave buttonmash portion

I liked the FFVIII intro as well

14. boiled_elephant

Some more that are inexplicably missing from this thread:

I've still never played NWN. I own it, I keep trying, but it doesn't run under Windows 7. </3 :(

15. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I always thought the NWN Intro was really poor because it was so 'generic fantasy FMV' and had nothing to do with the Campaign story. :p

There are definitely ways of getting it working in Win7 though. I know the game had some glitches but I was playing my retail dvd copy of it on Win7 just a few months ago and the GOG.com version of it works flawlessly as far as I can see so far.
    What kind of problems were you having with it?

16. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

17. boiled_elephant

Naw, that's exactly why I liked it, it was like an archetype of the entire genre :)
    It's a video-related thing, the character and prop models just don't load into levels so everything's invisible. I might start a thread about it if I ever get around to trying it again (every time I reformat I try it, haven't done this time around).

18. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Absolutely love all the vids from FF 7, 8 and 9 (9 being favorite)

Have to say I enjoyed the DC Universe Online opening video.

Had a laugh this weekend, had watched the League Of Legends trailer before, but saw a post of a blooper reel.... PMSL @ Yi.... those blade dances ARE damn distracting

19. MacWalka

MacWalka What's a Dremel?

Ah memories...

The one's that stick most in my mind are the Final Fantasy ones. FFVII when Aeris dies and any cinematic that involved showing Midgar were great. I would absolutely love for them to recreate FFVII EXACTLY as it was but just upgrade the graphics, still probably my favourite all time game.

FFVIII intro of your first mission invading on the boats was cracking.

FFX intro with the heavy metal soundtrack and Blitzball had me practically orgasming as I watched it. Was it Pantera that did that song or somthing?

MGS2 cinematics involving the boat were brilliant. The rain on the bridge, the bungee jump and the Russians taking over the boat was magic.

Funnily enough, it has been a while since I've watched a cinematic and thought WOW either from an emotional point of view or just shear appreciation of the beauty of the cinematics. It probably has something to do with the dearth of good Japanese games or my changing attitude to what I like in a game.

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ooooooooo excellent question. I feel that FF will dominate my choices here lol
    In no particular order.
    FF7 - Death of Aeris/Black Materia and (not really from a game but) the revamped FF7 intro tech demo for PS3. Had me jonesing about the possibility of a ramped up ff7 for PS3 but alas it will never be.......b******s :(
    Shadow of the Colossus - Death of Aggro (the horse) The only time i've shouted "NOOOOO!" in horror at the screen. How they got such attachment to an equestrian bunch of pixels is beyond me.
    FFX - Blitzball. Simply jaw dropping. Could not understand how a PS2 was doing that.
    FF9 - Destruction of the Iifa Tree by Odin. Brilliant animation.
    Lego Star Wars - Any of them. So much silly silly slapstick humour thrown in that it never fails to make me smile.
    GT5 - Opening cinematic. Wow. That is all.
    FF8 - End sequence. Tied up so many loose ends and was visually stunning. So nice to find that Laguna married Raine before she died.
    (orders to include by the missus) Viva Pinata - various animal intro's. Graphically pretty good considering and funny and cute.......apparently.
    Tekken1/Wipeout - Opening cinematics on PS1. Had a PS1 on launch day and got both these games on their respective launch days and was blown away by the visuals. One of the biggest step ups between generations ever seen imho.

God so many more i can't even remember.......